A Story

6AM on Sunday morning. This is the one week of the month were waking up at six on a weekend is absolutely vital.

I have an hour before we have to leave. I flitter away the first bit of it not doing much of anything and then go get breakfast. Heather has made Kelsey and I eggs, we sit and eat alone in the early, quiet of the morning with Dad who is enjoying his favorite part of the day, the part before everyone else gets up. :)

6:30AM

I am ashamed to admit what happened here at that fateful time when The Unthinkable dawned on me. Suddenly, suddenly, suddenly...it dawned on me...the unthinkable...I had no PowerPoint to bring to church. I had been so busy and so stressed over other things that I had completely forgotten I was supposed to make them!

AHHHHHHHHHH!, to say the very, very least. If the girls are going to get to their practice in time, we have to leave within half an hour. What am I going to do besides lock myself up in a closet and die?

This all, to say the least, left me on the verge of tears--but there was no time for that! The clock ticked without common decency and patience. No, the clock just couldn't want for me and my blockheadishness. Trying to patch things up, I figured I would just download all of the songs onto the computer and then work on them on the way to church and while they were practicing and then--oh, no! I have to do announcements slides, too. No, no, no. I am a stupid idiot.

7:ooAM comes without us leaving. I feverishly prepare some imperfect slides. I am so flustered I cannot seem to get the verse, chorus, bridge order correctly. The clock glares, my stupidity and immaturity, and incapablity glare....

It is all like some horrible nightmare, eventually, I will wake up. This really can't be happening to me. It's all a dream, I'll wake up in a moment...it's all a dream, I'll wake up in a moment...it's all a dream...it's all a dream...it's all a dream.... I will wake up in a moment....

It's 7:10AM on Wednesday morning. I wake up, reach for Three Men on a Bummel and lay in bed reading it until breakfast.

No comments: