One List to Rule Them All

Now that I (much to my delight) have my own (however crummy and temporary) house, I have the ability to make an effort towards taking better care of my body without going crazy. These days my toothbrush is in the bathroom, I have space I can call mine.

On to the useless information....

My hair is one thing that is in a sad state right now. It is very dry, dull, rough, and frizzy. I always get the moisturizing/repairing/hydrating shampoos and conditioners in an attempt to keep the worst at bay. I am currently using a blue one from Herbal Essences and it is okay. The last one I used from TRESemmé seemed to do better things for me. I condition my hair every day but only wash it every other day or less. (I own one dry shampoo product, mainly TRESemmé's "Fresh Start Moisturizing Waterless Foam Shampoo" but I only used once or twice. At the time the idea of a dry shampoo really appealed to me but this product smelled terrible and was difficult to use.)

I also do the deep conditioner, leave-in conditioner, and anti-frizz products in an attempt to find something that works. My hair never recovered from being dyed a year ago. (Dyed it once with permanent dye, growing out the color now.) I heard good things about Aussie's "3 Minute Miracle Deeeeep Conditioner" so I gave it a fair trial, I'm afraid I found it lacking, neither strong, lasting, or deep. I bought Garnier Fructis' "Pure Clean Smoothing Cream 24HR Frizz Control," it did nothing good to my hair at all and left a sticky, creamy residue. Gross. (Plus I just don't like the name Garnier Fructis and their product packaging is undesirable in every way.) I also use, but not regularly, Aussie's "Catch the Wave Mousse plus Leave-In Conditioner," but not for the conditioner part because I never saw any result, I use it for the styling mouse on days I am putting my hair up into something other than a ponytail. I have also tried Aussie's "Hair Insurance Leave-In Conditioner Spray," I use this on the occasion that I don't condition my hair in the shower, I spray it on and it helps to keep the dry, roughness at bay but I probably would not buy a second bottle.

Today I bought something that I am pretty excited about, I found it recommended on TotalBeauty.com, and then I had a coupon for $5 off two Neutrogena products. I bought "Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask" and "Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In Cream" for about $4.50 each at Walgreens. I used both this evening, I left the deep conditioner in for seven minutes and rinsed it out, it already felt softer! I also used the leave-in cream after I got out of the bath, I used about a quarter sized amount and worked it in. It is drying now (I own a blow dryer but don't used it,) I hope this stuff works!!

I don't have any tried and trues when it comes to the care of my skin and stuff. I use whatever razor I feel like, currently using Schick's "Quattro for Women," it is pretty awesome and I have used it through 2-3 boxes of replacement heads. Once I run out though, I will probably switch to a different razor because the handle on mine is starting to be gross. And I like variety! I don't use shaving cream much, I find that regular body wash works just as well if not better. (I have used "Skintimate," "BikiniZone Anti-Bumps Shave Gel," and some stuff in a pink bottle that I cannot remember the name of.) Right now I am using Olay's coconut-flavored "Simply Olay" as a body wash and for shaving. I pretty much use whatever I have a coupon for because variety is the spice of life.

I have also taken to painting my toe nails on a regular basis, never my finger nails, though. I have four nail colors total, Wet 'n' Wild's "Megalast" in "Red a Good Book" and Sally Hansen's "Diamond Strength No Chip Nail Color" in "Diamonds and Rubies" which are two nearly identical reds; I have Sally Hansen's "Complete Salon Manicure" in "Plum" and Revlon's "ColorStay" in "Indigo." I want to get Essie's "The Cuticle Pen" because my cuticles are in major need of help, they are splitting left and right. I am trying to be better about regularly using lotion on my hands at the very least. I tend to put it off and forget until my skin is bloody and cracked. I have two bottles of lotion, next to the bathroom sink, to help me remember, is Sally Hansen's "Nails & Cuticles Hand Cream," which smells horrible but works okay, and Vaseline's "Aloe Fresh and Hydrating Body Lotion" with cucumber flavors is on the night stand. (I do also have Sally Hansen's "Vitamin E Nail & Cuticle Oil" which is too messy and also a nail growth treatment from her but I do not like painting my finger nails. I should start using it on my toe nails, at least so I can use it up, I do not like to be wasteful.)

I naturally also have deodorants, unnaturally I have, like, a ton of sticks. Namely these, Degree's "Expert Protection with motionSense Fresh Energy" and "Ultra Clear Pure Rain," Dove's "Go Fresh Cool Essentials," Secret's "Clinical Strength Sensitive Skin," and Mitchum's "For Women Power Gel." They've all been used but I haven't thrown any of them away, the one that I actually use is the Mitchum. The gel goes on wet and cold but it works really well. (Bonus: you can always find coupons for Mitchum.)

I do not wear any perfume. I bought one bottle of it, once. It was Bodycology's "Toasted Vanilla Sugar Fragrance Mist." But then I met my husband, who has issues with perfumes so, yeah, no smelliness.

I have Neutrogena's "Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub" which was very good at one time but now I find that it really dries my skin out. I'm not an oily skin sufferer at this point in time so I do not use this regularly. I've tried a couple different things to remove the hair from my face. I have tried Nair's "Brazilian Spa Clay Face Cream Sensitive Formula" but that didn't do a very good job of removing the thicker hairs. I also used Nair's "Moisturizing Face Cream" for quite some time. It did a good job outside of the fact that it burned patches of skin off every time. (Nair's wax strips suck. Suck so bad.) I just turned to Olay's "Smooth Finish Facial Hair Removal Duo" which is pretty awesome because the cream is nice and thick plus it includes a protective balm that goes on first. The patches of burned skin are greatly reduced! It is $22 for a very small amount though. My hair removal search continues....

My dry skin problem of course affects my lips. My poor kisser is constantly cracked, scabbed, and ouchy. I have acquired numerous balms and moisturizers (Chapsticks in original, cherry, and peppermint; two sticks of Blistex's "Raspberry Lemonade Blast," and I had one of Nivea's "A Kiss of Smoothness Hydrating Lip Care" until it broke). I just added Aquaphor's "Lip Repair" to my collection. I think I am still looking, though! Something that doesn't leave a crusty stickiness, please!

Enter now the world of make up. I use, and have only ever used, Maybelline's "Fit Me! Foundation" in 120. I don't use a lot of foundation, only on days when clogging up my pores doesn't seem like a horrible idea. Also on my face, for the summer days, I use a sunscreen by Aveeno, it is specially marketed for the face and has an SPF of, like, 80. It is awesome. Very pleased with both products.

I don't currently have blush or bronzer or highlighting equipment in my drawer. The only other thing I use is concealer. I have Almay's "Wake Up Undereye Concealer" in "Light." I don't ever use concealer on acne (because I don't have a lot and I am not super embarrassed about it anyway) but only on my dark circles and on redness around my nose. This concealer suits me fine.

I bought an eyebrow pencil once, it was CoverGirl's "Brow and Eye Makers" in "Soft Blonde." I never use it and I don't know why I bought it. My eyebrows are plenty thick on their own. For eyeliner I used a brown pencil eyeliner from Jordana. I very recently switched to liquid liner, mainly Revlon's "ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen" in "Blackened Brown." It is much better than the pencil kind! (As of yet, not brave enough for black eyeliner. Or pretty much anything dramatic.)

My most used make-up product would be mascara. (And that would be, like, once a week. I don't wear make-up much at all. I am always too lazy plus I am afraid It will smear through out the day and I will look like the Joker before noon.) my first mascara was CoverGirl's "Natureluxe Mousse Mascara" but it tended to leave flakes under my eyes. Now I am using Neutrogena's "Healthy Volume" in "Black/brown." When it is ready to go bye-bye I have CoverGirl's "Lash Blast Volume" in the intimidating "Very Black" sitting in a drawer. It was a gift. I suppose I will probably have to get black eyeliner to match it before I use it. (I also own each a black, brown, and blue mascara from The Color Workshop. They smudge every which way so I will likely throw them out sometime before 2014.)

Eyeshadow. Oh, the eyeshadow! I have one single, lone pallet of eyeshadow. It is Maybelline's "Eye Studio Give Me Gold." I think golds and browns like pretty stellar with my natural colors. This pallet is pretty glittery, though, I don't think I am a fan of glittery make-up. I apply with my finger, I don't own any brushes, at all. Everything with the fingers! I just added a second eyeshadow tool to my drawer though, it is CoverGirl's "Smoky Shadow Blast" in the "Bronze Fire." The colors are awesome and creamy. The applicator is super classy, too! According to the Interwebs I will likely have broken eyeshadow stubs, though. Better not handle this thing roughly!

Last but not least is the lip stuff. I have New York Color's "Smooch Proof 16H Lip Stain" in "Champagne." It is much easier to apply than lipstick is and doesn't wipe off as easy. I suppose this item should have gone with the lip balms but I am putting it here since it is tinted. Burt's Bee's "Pink Blossom Tinted Lip Balm. It is a nice color and it is not drying, win-win situation! I also have Maybelline's "Super Stay 14Hr Lipstick" in "Pout on Pink" and "Ravishing Rouge." The red is awesomely dramatic and sexy but I usually reach for the pink. Because, well, natural!

That's all, folks! Tune in next time for the rest of my life story: every piece of clothes I have ever owned. Lol

No comments: