Bite-Sized NewsBoys #8
Song: I Am Free
Album: GO
Not an original newsboys song, this one was first writen by Jon Egan, I believe, if I remember correctly.

The king sent and loosed him; even the ruler of the people, and let him go free. — Psalms 105:20

Taking on something C. S. Lewis says in Mere Christianity:
Christianity is the story of how the rightful King has landed, you might say landed in disguise, on a city of bondage and of desolate people, a modern Egypt if you will, the King has set the slaves free and distroyed their captors and is now calling them all to take part in a great campaign of sabotage.

Are you free to run and join this sabatoge? Are you free to dance afterwards? Are you free to live for Him? It seems to be the ultimate question. You were set on this earth to glorify the Lord, to hallow His name, but are you free to do that?

Now, to finish off this post I’m just going to add something form the I Am Free – Live recording (off of the Go: Limited Edition CD,) it was all said/sang by Peter Furler, just imagine his voice, the references to what he’s saying is what’s in the brackets and I’ll end his quoting of something with [/].

[John Donne hymn] "As the first Adam’s sweat surrounds my face,
may the last Adam’s blood my soul embrace.
As the first Adam’s sweat surrounds my face,
Lord, may the last Adam’s blood my soul embrace."[/]
[Isaiah 52:13-15] "See, my servant will act wisely;
he will be raised and lifted up and highly exalted.
Just as there were many who were appalled at him -
his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any man
and his form marred beyond human likeness -
so will he sprinkle many nations,
and kings will shut their mouths because of him.
For what they were not told, they will see,
and what they have not heard, they will understand."[/]
[Isaiah 53:3-5] "He was despised and rejected by men,
a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.
Like one from whom men hide their faces
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
But surely he took up our infirmities
surely carried our sorrows,
yet we considered him stricken by God,
smitten by him, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
[he was] crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brings us peace today was upon him,
and because of His wounds we are healed,"[/]
because of His wounds I am healed,
because of His wounds you are healed –do you believe it?
Yeah! (13x)«

[Jon Egan/newsboys song chorus]I am free to run
I am free to dance
and I am free to live for You
I am free[/]
"Come on, one more time!" (I am free… I am free…)
[Jonn Egan/newsboys rest of chorus]I am free to run
I am free to dance
and I am free to live for You
I am free
yes, I am free[/]

The hands of freedom stretching out to You-
hold out your hand for freedom -
freedom in your head, freedom in your heart, freedom in your marriage, freedom in your mind, freedom in your emotions, freedom in every area of life, the freedom comes through the blood, it comes through the Word, comes through the body, comes through the spiritual family
it comes through the presence of God.
The price has been paid,
freedom’s price has been paid,
the price has been paid.

(Imported from HomeschoolBlogger.)