Bite-Sized NewsBoys eXtra #6
Song: In the Belly of the Whale
Album: Veggie Rocks!
Anybody in my most lovely audience watch VeggieTales? I don’t but of course I’ve heard the CD called VeggieRocks. All the greatest VeggieTale hits, and some of the songs that aren’t hits sing by CCMs biggest artists. Rebecca St. James singing the Vaggie theme song, Sanctus Real singing Promised Land, Steven Curtis Chapman singing about his lips etc. One of the songs was sung by my dear rolemodel Paul Colman (singing I’m So Blue) and also the Newsboys sing a song called In the Belly of the Whale a song written by our own dear Peter Furler and Steve Taylor.

As you may have guessed this song is about Jonah and the fish that could have been a whale. Jonah sat in the belly of that there fish for three days, he was growned for three days (if you’ll allow me that term) now I would expect after atleast the first two days Jonah might be feelin’ pretty low and contemplating his sin. Right? That’s were the song comes in.

The third day Jonah wakes up and he’s up to his ears in bitter tears and so sad and depressed. Why did he go south when God said north and the horribleness of his Bon-less Bon voyage (which is French not Hebrew) and he’s sorry and, oh God, how long is this gonna take?

I don’t know but when I listen to this song I hear lots of different things in that "how long is it gonna take" I hear people with sudden trials mostly, people who have lost things. It’s hard to explain and easy to get the wrong idea about this but what I think is–I guess what I’m trying to get at is that all things work together for good and Jonah being in the whale for tree days sounds so horrible and yet it turned Jonah’s thinking around (atleast it turned it for a few days). How long is it gong to take for me to change? Kind of a thing. So…got that?

Also, there’s a funny VeggieTales Shine on YouTube, if your interested. "Hey Bob? What is my motivation?"

Goodness, I never knew TinyPic could be so rotten as to delete my photo! Shocking! I’ll have to make a new one…sometime. Or maybe none? *considers this*

(Imported from HomeschoolBlogger.)