Lookie. *points to the sidebar* It’s called a Twitter and I can update it from my iPod Touch. I only get a few characters per-post though, which is sad. But there’s enough to give you a rough idea on what I’m up to without posting.
Now you can’t say, "I don’t visit your blog or read your posts because the Newsboys are boring!" and whatever else. Heh. Well I’m so sorry and hope Twitter will heal some of your woe, though, as you can see it hasn’t really stopped me from talking about the ‘boyz. Ha!

Bite-Sized NewsBoys #15
Song: Thrive
Album: Thrive

This as got to be my favorite song off of the Thrive album. Honestly it’s amazing and you must listen to it.
This song talks alot about the greed, selfishness, etc. in some valley. What valley?

"When we start think we’re the hill, then we are no longer resting on Him. We have slid down the hill into a valley of our own making." — newsboys, Shine: Make ‘Em Wonder What You’ve Got

The man in the song begs that God pick him up, clean him up, and put him back on the hill. Make him again the city on a hill, the hill being God of course. And according to Peter the fact that this song is here today is because of some guy named Rick Cua. Thanks Rick!

"The original lyric was put together for a compilation based on a book the label had me read by Bruce Wilkinson called Secrets Of The Vine, which did have some good points in it. I wrote the song for that compilation but then I realized it was too good to give away so I kept it. I owe that song to Rick Cua, I believe. He’s the guy that asked me to do it." — Peter Furler


Bite-Sized NewsBoys #16
Song: Rescue
Album: Thrive

Seems pretty obvious. A man asking God to rescue him from sin. Christ’s mercies are new every morning ’cause we really need them, don’t we?

Bite-Sized NewsBoys #17
Song: It Is You
Album: Thrive
I don’t think any one could go wrong guessing what this songs about so I won’t go into it, I’ll tell a story instead.
Peter Furler wrote this song alone, the record company InPop had asked Peter to write a worship song for the band Petra to use on their upcoming worship album so Peter wrote It Is You. He demoed it up in his at-home studio and showed it to his wife Summer. (Summer is a very sweet person, BTW, according to Peter and various fans who’ve met her.) She said, "If you give that song to Petra I’ll kill you." (Whoa! Violence in the Furler household? Shocking!) Peter then showed the song to the guy who had originally asked him to write it and that guy said, "If you give that song to them I’ll kill you too." (Man is the music industry violent!) And Steve (Taylor?) said the same thing.
So Peter being the loving and submissive husband that he is and not wanting to die yet (let that be in God’s hands) kept the song and it was actually the first song they recorded for Thrive. Pete seems to think it sticks out like a sore thumb. But–disagreement! It fits in amazingly well, man! I’m very glad it made the record and your still alive.
Of course, if you don’t believe me, reader:

"I played it for my wife and said "I did this song for Petra, what do you think?" and she said "You can’t give that song to Petra." Being the submissive husband I am, I obeyed. Our manager said the same thing. When Steve heard it he said the same thing too. We had it done in about four or five days and off to the label. They loved it and released it to radio immediately, before I even had a chance to apologize to anybody." — Peter Furler

He’s told the story many times and sometimes the murderous stuff is in the story and sometimes it isn’t.

Bite-Sized NewsBoys #18
Song: Cornelius
Album: Thrive
Written by Steve Taylor. Did you know there’s only one person in the entire Bible named Cornelius? I looked it up one day and then later learned that, yes, the song is about that one guy. Do you remember who he is or what he did? No, he didn’t jump off a cliff. (And most of you aren’t going to understand that.)

Cornelius was the first gentile convert in the New Testament [edit: not exactly, Cornelius is the second have of Acts 8 and the eunuch is before him in that same chapter] and he was a roman centurion. So the song talks about him and maybe a little bit about "If I say they are clean they are clean."
And I’m also seeing talks about the "fearless few who can’t be bought" in history. The martyrs in history and how the singers in the song want to be like them, not to give in like Peter (not Furler) did and deny Jesus. You know?

(Imported from HomeschoolBlogger.)