Do You Hear What I Hear?

I guess it's my turn now for the Music Guessing Game, or whatever it's called. I'm setting my iPod to shuffle and then I'm posting a line or two of the lyrics from each of the first twenty-five songs that play, except I'm skipping live recordings and remixes. Alright? Your job is to comment with the name and artist of the song the lyrics are from. Okay? Also, I'm going to allow you to look up the lyrics from each of the odd numbered songs (1, 3, 7, 21...), you have to guess for each of the even ones (2, 4, 12, 24...). Understand?

Here we go. *turns the music up*

1. "...You are steadfast, You are true. When the ground..."

2. "...Be careful if you think you stand, you just might be sinking..."

3. "...Beat 'em to the punch, scored another knock-down, barely bought her lunch..."

4. "...This world turning grey strikes a chord when I say..."

5. "...After what you did to her she wouldn't have any of that."

6. "The other ones state you better wait until you do a little market research..."

7. "...Taking the good with the bad and the ugly -- If we could only learn to love."

8. "...Every puddle of mud comes from tears and blood."

9. "You know what I'm going through. I know this is true, 'cause you stood in my shoes..."

10. "If confession is the road to healing forgiveness is the promise land."

11. "If I ascend into the sky or hide behind the night, I cannot run, your love is chasing me."

12. "I slip into the night then stumble toward the light..."

13. "Listen to me say I wanna sing a song for you, I wanna sing a song."

14. "Lord of the heavens, Lord of the ages..."

15. "You throw the baby with the bath water over and over again, turn the page..."

16. "On the saints this day already shines, it already shines."

17. "Gonna send us hobbits out of the shire. Here's the theme song, get your ring on."

18. "If I hide in dark and shadows fearful of each day, even there your blinding light illuminates my pathway."

19. "I see you got the joy, I've seen you live it, boy..."

20. "When it's finally caught, well, it looses its life."

21. "Just a day in the shoes of a colorblind man should make it easy for you to see..."

22. "...Yesterday's over, new one's began. You're only sick as all your secrets..."

23. "Our hope, our strong deliver: You are the everlasting God..."

24. "Once we could follow, now we cannot."

25. "This microphone will take a word and make it bigger. Oh, hello..."

Good luck at guessing. I'll come back soon and post the lyrics again with the track, artist, and album listed. Maybe the day after tomorrow (Friday). And maybe a tag I was tagged with a long time ago. If I can find it again.

Have a good Thanksgiving, my US readers! (And those who aren't in America have a good week/day anyway. Soul Skittles, do you celebrate Thanksgiving in Ukraine?)

Currently Listening--
Album: Newsboys Remixed
Artist: Newsboys

5 comments:

netsirK said...

YAAAAAY! :D :D Good to see your blog again.
I don't think I'll look up the odd number ones, even if I don't know them... I'm up for a challenge! :D

1.Strong Tower by newsboys
4. Believe by newsboys
5. Gone by tobyMac
6. Not Ashamed by newsboys
8. Thrive (need I state the artist?)
9. Mind's Eye by DCtalk
10. Between You and Me by DCtalk
16. Hallelujah (Devotion version)
17. Secret Kingdom
18. Great is Your Faithfulness
19. Take Me To Your Leader
21. Colored People by DCtalk
22. Let it All Come Out
23. Grr, I so know this song. I think its called Wait Upon the Lord by Lincoln Brewster???? Somethin like that anyway
24. Lost the Plot
25. Step Up to the Microphone

Happy Thanksgiving!

CrimeSceneFairy said...

*does not look at Netsirk's answers *
2. Slow Fade by Casting Crowns (did I mention I love this song)

4. Believe by Newsboys

5. Gone by Toby Mac

6. Woo Hoo by Newsboys

8. Thrive by Newsboys...I wonder if you like Newsboys? XD

9. Aw crap i know this song. X-(

15. Say You Need Love

I need to go so I'm not gonna do the rest. :(

Kiwi da Fruit said...

Oh, Owan, Owan, this is easy! Here we go:
1. "Strong Tower", Newsboys, Devotion CD.
2. "Slow Fade", Casting Crowns.
3. "Truth and Consequences", Newsboys, Going Public.
4. "Believe", Newsboys, Step up to the Microphone.
5. "Gone", TobyMac.
6. "Not Ashamed", Newsboys, Not Ashamed CD, released 1992.
7. "We Need Eachother", Sanctus Real.
8. "Thrive", Newsboys, Thrive CD.
9.
10. "Just Between You and Me", originally DCTalk, re-done by Relient K.
11.
12. "When You Called My Name", Newsboys, Going Public, released 1994.
13. "Sing a Song", Third Day.
14.
15. "Say You Need Love", Newsboys, Love Liberty Disco.
16.
17. "Secret Kingdom", Newsboys, GO cd, released October 31, 2006.
18.
19. "Take Me To Your Leader", Newsboys, Take Me To Your Leader cd.
20. "Run", PC3, New Map of the World cd.
21.
22. "Let It All Come Out", Newsboys, GO cd, released 10/31/2006.
23. "Everlasting God", Lincoln Brewster?
24.
25. ...So here goes/"Stepping [right] Up to the Microphone"/I say 'hey man, there's only one way..., Newsboys, Step Up To the Microphone cd.

So simple. Perchance you should get more non-Newsboys songs? I know 'too' many of them. =D Sometime I'm gonna sit down and write out a list of all the NB songs I know.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! =D =D
~Kiwi da (soon to be stuffed) Fruit

Blueh said...

I'm not even gonna cheat and look at the above comments. I wanna find out myself.

1. Strong Tower -- nb
2. Slow Fade -- Casting Crowns
3. Truth and Consequences -- nb
4. Believe -- nb
5. Gone -- tMac
6. I'm Not Ashamed -- nb
8. Thrive -- nb
10. Between You And Me -- dc Talk
13. Sing a Song -- Third Day
14. God of Nations -- nb
15. Say You Need Love -- nb
16. Hallelujah (2003!) -- nb
17. Secret Kingdom -- nb
18. Great Is Your Faithfulness -- nb
19. Take Me To Your Leader -- nb
20. Run -- PC3
21. Colored People -- dc Talk
22. Let It All Come Out -- nb
23. Everlasting God -- Lincoln Brewster
24. Lost the Plot -- nb
25. Step Up To The Microphone -- nb

:) ;) :P

Blueh said...

And don't count this one -- 12. When You Called My Name -- nb -- I can't BELIEVE I didn't remember this one!
Maybe because this is one of the VERY few nb songs I'm not familliar with. :P