Sixty Percent Newsboys

I knew you all would be good at this game. *applauds* And no one looked the songs up, it seems, so that was cool too.

1. "...You are steadfast, You are true. When the ground..."
(Strong Tower - Newsboys - He reigns: The Worship Collection)
Correct guessers: netsirK, Kiwi, Blueh

2. "...Be careful if you think you stand, you just might be sinking..."
(Slow Fade - Casting Crowns - The Altar and the Door)
Correct guessers: Soul Skittles, Kiwi, Blueh

I don't actually like the song, sorry, but long story as to why it's on my iPod...

3. "...Beat 'em to the punch, scored another knock-down, barely bought her lunch..."
(Truth and Consequences - Newsboys - Going Public)
Correct guessers: Kiwi, Blueh

4. "...This world turning grey strikes a chord when I say..."
(Believe - Newsboys - Shine: The Hits)
Correct guessers: netsirK, Soul Skittles, Kiwi, Blueh

5. "...After what you did to her she wouldn't have any of that."
(Gone - tobyMac - Welcome to Diverse City)
Correct guessers: netsirK, Soul Skittles, Kiwi, Blueh

tMac, you think they ready for it? Yeah, I think they--*cough*

6. "The other ones state you better wait until you do a little market research..."
(I'm Not Ashamed - Newsboys - The Greatest Hits)
Correct guessers: Alyosha, netsirK, Kiwi, Blueh

7. "...Taking the good with the bad and the ugly -- If we could only learn to love."
(We Need Each Other - Sanctus Real - We Need Each Other)
Correct guesser: Kiwi

8. "...Every puddle of mud comes from tears and blood."
(Thrive - Newsboys - Thrive)
Correct guessers: netsirK, Soul Skittles, Kiwi, Blueh

9. "You know what I'm going through. I know this is true, 'cause you stood in my shoes..."
(Mind's Eye - dcTalk - Jesus Freak)
Correct guesser: netsirK

10. "If confession is the road to healing forgiveness is the promise land."
(Between You and Me - dcTalk - Jesus Freak)
Correct guessers: netsirK, Kiwi, Blueh

Kiwi says there is a Relient K version? Really? I must listen to it, then.

11. "If I ascend into the sky or hide behind the night, I cannot run, your love is chasing me."
(Yes You Have - Leeland - Sound of Melodies)
Correct guessers: Mwahahahaha!

12. "I slip into the night then stumble toward the light..."
(When You Call My Name - Newsboys -Going Public)
Correct guesser: Kiwi

13. "Listen to me say I wanna sing a song for you, I wanna sing a song."
(Sing a Song - ThirdDay - Offerings II)
Correct Guessers: Kiwi, Blueh

14. "Lord of the heavens, Lord of the ages..."
(God of Nations - Newsboys - Devotion)
Correct guesser: Blueh

Only Blueh guessed at the best Newsboys song ever... *weeps*

15. "You throw the baby with the bath water over and over again, turn the page..."
(Say You Need Love - Newsboys - Love Liberty Disco)
Correct guessers: Soul Skittles, Kiwi, Blueh

16. "On the saints this day already shines, it already shines."
(Hallelujah - Newsboys - Adoration)
Correct guessers: netsirK (but it's Adoration not Devotion), Blueh

17. "Gonna send us hobbits out of the shire. Here's the theme song, get your ring on."
(Secret Kingdom - Newsboys - GO)
Correct guessers: netsirK, Kiwi, Blueh

18. "If I hide in dark and shadows fearful of each day, even there your blinding light illuminates my pathway."
(Great is Your Faithfulness - Newsboys - Adoration)
Correct guessers: netsirK, Blueh

19. "I see you got the joy, I've seen you live it, boy..."
(Take Me To Your Leader - Newsboys - Greatest Hits)
Correct guessers: Alyosha, netsirK, Kiwi, Blueh

20. "When it's finally caught, well, it looses its life."
(Run - Paul Colman Trio - New Map of the World)
Correct guessers: Kiwi, Blueh

21. "Just a day in the shoes of a colorblind man should make it easy for you to see..."
(Colored People - dcTalk - Jesus Freak)
Correct guessers: netsirK, Blueh

22. "...Yesterday's over, new one's began. You're only sick as all your secrets..."
(Let It All Come Out - Newsboys - GO)
Correct guessers: netsirK, Kiwi, Blueh

23. "Our hope, our strong deliver: You are the everlasting God..."
(Everlasting God - Lincoln Brewster - Everlasting God Single)
Correct guesser: Kiwi, Blueh

24. "Once we could follow, now we cannot."
(Lost the Plot - Newsboys - Take Me To Your Leader)
Correct guessers: netsirK, Blueh

25. "This microphone will take a word and make it bigger. Oh, hello..."
(Step Up to the Microphone - Newsboys - Step Up to the Microphone)
Correct guessers: Alyosha, netsirK, Kiwi, Blueh

Hopefully I didn't leave anyone out. We'll have to play that again sometime. 'Tis fun.

*closes mouth on everything else she could say before this blog post stretches to the moon*

Currently Reading--
Book: The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation: Volume One: The Pox Party
Author: M. T. Anderson

2 comments:

Blueh said...

It WAS fun! That's why I did two. XD

Actually, I might do another one, since I have a slightly different iTunes...

You love "God of Nations?" And I'm the only one who got it right? I feel so special. XD

I'm just kinda embarrassed that I didn't know "When You Called My Name," and I still don't know it very well. :P

netsirK said...

It was fun! I love that game! :D
But I am appalled.
I can't believe I didn't get Devotion and said Devotion for Adoration. Those were some of the first nb songs I've ever heard!