Victoria's Secret

The other day I went to Victoria's Secret for the first time. I think every woman should own underwear that they feel good in, whether others will see it or not. Victoria's Secret is to underwear, like Apple is to electronics.

Despite that, I was planning to just browse.

One of the sales associates asked me if I would like to be fitted and bra measured. I said, why not. I told her what I thought my size was and she pronounced a different size, slightly smaller. She had me go to the dressing room and try on the size she wanted, 36D.

The dressing room was very pink, too much pink. I tried on the bra she suggested and then hit the button to indicate I was ready. She came and pronounced it was too small and suggested we go up to the size I thought I was, 36DD. (I felt pretty smart right then.) She came again and looked at it, pronouncing that the band size was too big and I should really be a 34 but that my bust was ginormous.

Eventually I was labeled a 34F. But since the attendant had no idea where to get 34F bras I was told to make do with 36DDD. (Which Victoria's Secret wouldn't be selling until later this year.)

Since then I have been browsing bras on the Internet, seems to me that the only people who wear the size 34F are nursing mothers and people in the UK.

Just my luck.

No comments: