My Christmas

This will be a blog on what I got for Christmas, because it's always nice to tell people this kind of thing and to learn about what everyone else got.

On the evening of Christmas Eve we opened our presents. And I got
From my parents--
A AlphaSmart Dana Wireless, it's blue and comes with a black backpack. Yay. It's really quite cool, maybe I'll make a blog post on it sometime. But not now. And my Mom got it on sale, yay! If it wasn't on sale I would never have received it for Christmas.
A Piece of Paper. When I opened the paper (it was folded in half) I saw "Paul Colman" in handwritten letters and freaked out. IT'S PAUL'S HISTORY!! I knew I was getting this, I usually guess atleast one of my presents correctly... I can't wait till it gets here (not until the end of January) and I can hear all the wonderful gems he's recorded. *squee*
Going Public by the Newsboys, one of the few Newsboys CDs I don't have. I love the fact that it's brand new and in shrinkwrap (or, it was in shrinkwrap until I unshrinkwrapatized it) and it's in such great condition! CDs like that make my heart warm.
A Newsboys Guitar Pick Necklace. Supposedly it is a necklace made out of a pick that was used on the GO Tour? I don't really feel much hope for that being completely true but...so what?! It's a great necklace anyway.

From my older sister--
A fedora, which I found in Goodwill the other day (and told myself I couldn't afford ) then came home and complained about it to my sisters and on FaceBook and so my sister sent my Mom back to Goodwill for it. Or so I'm told. Because of the that I know that this part of my Christmas cost $3. It's navy, brown, and cream criss-crossed and can be seen below. It's a bad picture of me.


And a necklace which has a spoon on it (Bill Yonker) and a moon on it (Paul Colman). It rocks. I'm generally not one for wearing crosses and fish and other Christian symbols but I think hanging a spoon around your neck is really rather poetic. *shrug* Here's a picture of it, such a nice picture of my chin.

From my grandparents--
A bar of soap wrapped in orange paper that says "Spiced Orange" and "clementine, clove, cinnamon" on it.
A new watch, it's a Charter Club watch. It had a gold band on it and came with three spare leather bands (black, brown, and red). I like leather bands best and since the gold one was too small for me (big wrists, folks! ) I took the gold one off and put the black one on. So, yes, I have a watch again after my other watch's band broke (again! ) and ran out of battery in the middle of the night not a week ago. I kept telling my Mom that's what I wanted for Christmas and she kept going, "Okay," and I never guessed that she wasn't enthusiastic about getting me a new watch for Christmas because she knew that was what my grandparents were doing.

On Christmas morning, after a lovely breakfast, we opened our NotStockings which is basically candy and stocking stuffers in something other than a stocking. :P This year we had them in clear plastic boxes with red lids and our name on them in a fancy font.
[photo no longer available]
Suspicions confirmed, right netsirK?

We also had a separate bag to open. A cosmetic case, I suppose it might be called. My Mom said they were to be "taken to Lifest," which sounded great to me. In mine I had a bracelet with Romans 6:5 on it, a small black case with manicure stuff in it (how do you even use these things?!), chapstick (chapstick, and chapped lips, and things like chemistry), a necklace of my Mom's that I admired (the beads are really pretty but the pedant is really gaudy), a black and white headband and a aqua and gold necklace, two pairs of socks (they're men's socks and really comfy after my having wore very worn, very old socks for the past really long time), two 1GB SD Cards for my AlphaSmart, a a pair of black tights, two mechanical pencils, and four multicolored papermate click pens, and of course a bag of candy from the NaturalCandyStore. I think that's all. Hopefully that's all because if it isn't it probably means I got too much.

And I "bought myself a Christmas present" too. I had ten dollars hanging around and I was going to put that towards Paul's History but since my parents bought that for me I could spend it on something else so I upgraded my iPod Touch. Not alot of things are different, the list of music is a little different (in the list of all my songs it doesn't only tell me the name of the song but also the artist and album, I like that, and I have three more songs on there because of Going Public). But now that I've upgraded it I can download Apps from the Apps Store (what a unique name) and so I downloaded Twitterific, Facebook, and Google Earth. My small mind can spend hours shaking my iPod and then watching in glee as FaceBook updates. Supposedly it will vibrate if someone sends me a chat message--even cooler!

On Boxing Day we went to my uncle's house and opened more presents. I got a night shirt from my grandparents. It's red/orange and paisely-ish. Really not my style. I wouldn't really care about it not being my style if I actually wore night shirts, but I don't so I would never use this Christmas present. Because of that I feel justified in taking the shirt back to Kohl's. With my store credit (about $18) I bought (I don't think I've ever shopped Kohl's before, actually, so that was fun) I bought a black turtleneck. I got home and my sister told me turtlenecks aren't in right now, but so what? It was about 50% off so it was only $8. I looked around for awhile for something to use my $10 on (there was a really nice coat in there, reminded me of Jason Germain's coat, but the cut was all wrong and it was expensive) but I didn't find anything so I gave the rest of my card to my Mother who bought some jewelry. She gave me ten dollars in return. We went to Walmart after that and I looked at the CDs but didn't see anything interesting. We went to another Walmart (hehe) and I went and looked at the CDs and found Sanctus Real's We Need Each Other for $9.70-something and toyed with the idea of buying it but didn't. At Walmart I also (dun, dun, dun) got my ears pierced. It took alot of convincing from my Mom, actually. *laughs* And not because of the needles or because of the thought of surgery on your ear, nor because of the thought of putting something through a hole in your ear (even if it bothers my little brother alot)... *shrug* So yes, my ears are currently sensitive and I have to wear a pair of earrings that I don't really like for the next six weeks. *sighs* Atleast they match my hair and skin.

And on Sunday I used the last of that ten dollars by getting on Amazon and (brace yourself, Kiwi) buying Down Under the Big Top. Ahh! Can't wait till it gets here. I'm sure it will be painfully bad but I'll love it anyway.

And that is all. But besides the present factor of Christmas there was some other great stuff. Spending time with my family (how mushy!), reading Waking Rose and The Midnight Dancers, eating food, yadda yadda yadda. Besides my Dad reading The Christmas Story from the Bible my Mom read a few books aloud. Short little things like The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, which is a amusing little tale and I recommend it.

...Well, see ya'll in the '09!

5 comments:

Blueh said...

I personally think DUTBT is pretty bad, but that's what makes it hilarious. :D :D

And I actually like that photo of you! Not sure why. Reminds me of a child celebrity... don't ask why, please. :P

And you are so LUCKY to get History so soon (as in, near right when it releases, not at Christmas. XD). I hope you tell us what it's like. :D

netsirK said...

Firs off, you have a BEAUTIFUL name. XD

You lucky girl! Paul Colman and the nb have got to be the best gifts ever. :D
That's not a bad pic! It looks kinda like you're rocking out or something. VERY cool necklace and hat. I love hats! Not too much of a necklace person but it's still really neat.
Wow, such pretty handwriting with my name on it.

CrimeSceneFairy said...

Yay fun presents!!! :D
Yah, what a prettiful name! XD
*finishes reading post *
*feels depressed *
*mutters about rich americans *

Kiwi da Fruit said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! WAAAAAIIIILLLL! and no, that's not all just put on! Look at PC's site! It's true, the rumor is true. :'( >:'(
I'm unhappy.
Very unhappy.
*cries, sobs, and moans* *sniff* *blows nose* *cries some more*

~kiwifruit the dejected and miffed.

HOW COULD HE DO THAT???
sigh.

Megs said...

um, I don't know you, but you should know I seriously LOVE your hat.