Baby Names

When I was sixteen or seventeen I made a list of my favorite baby names/favorite names in general. I just found the list, stored away as an email draft. I've put the names that I still have an affection for in bold.

Here we go....

BOYS:
Aaron, Adrian, Aldonza, Andrew, Ash
Baptiste, Bonaparte,
Charlemagne, Chester, Claas, Clarence, Clemence, Clive, Cole
Dale, Daniel, David, Duncan, Dunstan (yes, I know, this is the name of the bad boy in Silas Marner), Dylan
Ember, Eoin (pronounced: Owen), Erik, Evan
Frank, Franklin, Frederick
Grant, Gunnar (when my brother was born his name was going to be Steven Gunnar which I thought was a horrible idea), Gustav
Jack, James, Jared, Jasper, Jeffery, Jeremiah, Jeremy, Jonathan
Kadesh, Kasper
Levi, Lloyd, Luke
Malvolio, Mandriardo, Martin
Noah
Obadiah
Paul, Patrick, Percy, Perry, Peter
Ryan
Scott, Silver, Spencer, Stefan, Stephen, Svengali
Tal, Terrence, Tobias, Troy, Tyler
Victor, Victory, Vivian
Wesley

GIRLS:
Alice, Alicia, Alyosha, Amalie, Angelique, Annaliese, Annasophia, Annette, Annika, Aoife (pronounced: EE-fah) (this should be paired for a two name first name, an example would be Aoife Jane)
Beyoncé (it just sounds so cool!)
Chavalah, Chloë, Christine
Dai (pronounced: day), Delilah
Eanah, Echo, Elaine (Lainey), Evangeline, Evelyn
Gaia
Hepzibah (Eppie)
Julie, Justine
Kale, Kate, Katalynn, Katelyn, Katherine
Lauren, Lexi
Natalya, Natasha
Shaohannah, Skye,
Tuesday
Valley, Vanya, Victoria, Victory, Violette, Vivienne
Zephaniah (Niah)

So, six children with between eight and ten names in order to use all of these favorites! Plus a couple more children with the additional names I have acquired a taste for. Like the girls names Claire, Clara, and Cassidy.

That is all for my what I would have named my child if I had been a teenage mother. Poor kid probably would have been stuck with an atrocity like Adrian Mandriardo for a name. Yikes.

2 comments:

Valerie Jacobsen said...

Adrian Mandriardo,

Gunnar was supposed to be Gunnar. Dad and I both agreed on _that_. It was Kate who was begging us to call him Stephen and make Gunnar a middle name.

Thomas wasn't picked until after he was born though. It's for your great-grandfather who was born Tobias Jakobsen and changed his name to Thomas Jacobsen when he came through Ellis Island.

For a Norwegian, he was a short man--5' 6", my height.

Valerie Jacobsen said...

Oh, the system deleted my cute little snicker after Adrian's cute little name.