I Found a Kindred Spirit in Cost Cutters

I went and got my bangs trimmed last weekend, the girl who did the job made polite conversation with me.

I found a kindred spirit in her because she had the same idea that I had about the big wedding day. Her and I both love weddings, they are beautiful and lovely but just not for us. She dreamed of just going to the courthouse and then honeymooning in, like, Germany.  No fancy ceremony or big reception, no planning or hullabaloo.

The most I wanted to do was to get a dress, go honeymooning, and hire a photographer. I also required an engagement ring which I got and I was okay to pass on a wedding ring but my husband got me one anyway which I was quite pleased about. I wanted a dress because the day is special and I wanted to feel good about the way I looked. I had in mind a colorful, '50's style, floral print dress but found nothing like what I wanted when I went shopping. I just wore a black (!!) dress I already owned and rumor has it I looked stunning. I didn't end up getting the photographer I originally wanted but I have not regretted that choice and our ceremony was literally five-minutes long. As for a honeymoon, we did not go for one reason or another but I still hope to go some day.

That was it, my ceremony was five minutes long, no one was invited, I wore a dress I previously owned, and we had a just us dinner at Texas Roadhouse afterwards. I wasn't going to throw a party in my own honour, I'm not the everybody-come-look-at-me-type, and who would be interested in attending my wedding anyway.

I am happy and content with my small wedding day, the actual married life is more important then the single day of tying the knot any way.

I was really pleased with the way she trimmed my bangs and it was so nice to talk for a moment with an advocate for abnormal nuptials.

No comments: