This Ain't No Second Rate Party



Earlier this week I hosted a bridal shower for my sister. She is getting married to the love of her life and I am pretty thrilled about that.

The party was a smashing success, I think. I teamed up with the groom's sister-in-law, she did the food--making the cookies and buying cakes and beverages. She did a fabulous job! Everything looked so nice.

To my delight, nail polish went on sale at Walgreens about a month ago. The cashier gave me a weird look when I walked up with forty-five jars of it. Thanks to a Hobby Lobby, I was able to get half off ribbon and Used it to make these cute little nail polish favors for about a $1.08 each.

The flower center pieces were each about 75¢. After some trial and error I figured out the best way to wrap the jars with the lace. It honestly took about one movie and eight TV episodes to make all twelve center pieces but I think they turned out okay.

I would say it was a successful party.

No comments: