Seven Friday Shorts

1. I have discovered the very unjoyful joys of citations in papers. It is mostly a pain in the butt because my APA guidelines talk about things like journal articles and websites but basically nothing useful about, like, blogs. Blogs are sort of like a journal and sort of like a website. Confusing! The other unpleasant thing for me is a silly little fear that I will get caught for unknowingly plagiarizing. I might recall something I read like five years ago and think that it is my own brilliant thought but then it'll be--BAM! You've got your name on the Dean's List of Naughty Kids.

2. My husband is just the most awesomest fellow ever!

3. My project for this weekend is to repurpose those nifty little boxes that gadgets come in these days. I have the boxes from my tablet, both our iPhones, my Zaggs keyboard, and Beats headphones. They are really sturdy nice boxes! I have a couple of books of scrap booking paper. The thought it to cover the boxes in some pretty paper and then use them to store small things on my shelf. It'll keep things like my chapsticks and hair ties and scraps of paper from getting away from me. Plus it'll put those boxes to good use instead of just collecting dust in the closet.

4. I thought scrap booking was pretty neat when I was younger so I bought some scrapbook paper and then promptly failed to pursue the craft. Silly me!

5. I told my husband today that I have an irrational fear of being impoverished. He listened to my story and then I felt better. I usually always feel better after I air my thoughts out. Coincidentally, we had this conversation while going out for dinner.

6. This article speaks to me. And it's kind of funny, too. lol

7. And with that I am back to double checking my citations. Woop-di-doo.

No comments: