Channeling My Inner Designer

I am pretending I am a interior designer.

Really, I am just a girl with a Pinterest account and a room that needs decorating.

Does anyone know where to get cheap, nice candles?

I want to do a photo collage on the wall. From what I have seen, there is a fine line between a attractive, classy collage and a busy, random collage. I haven't started anything yet but I have a few ideas.

1. I think I will get some painter's tape, hopefully I can find it in extra wide. Put a leveled horizontal piece of it on the wall where I want the collage to be and arrange the frames with the bottoms either sitting on the line or the tops up against the line. I think this method will be easy to produce and I like the way it looks.

2. I would like a variety of words and pictures and personal and not-so-personal. A personal touch will be the large H I would like to hang on the wall. I think I would like a framed H but a wooden H will be okay too. I saw a nice wooden one on Etsy for about $30. ($30 is pricey but whatever, I have no budget at this point.)

3. I would like to hang a picture of myself and Jimmy. Two seperate, small (think 4x6) pictures of when we were children in plain frames.

4. I would like to hang a typography print from madebygirl.com. The print features negative space and the word "love" in several different languages. (Side note: negative space is an art term that I probably used incorrectly. The print is black with white words.)

5. From there my ideas are very shadowy. I have a nice wooden frame that I would like to use if possible. However, I do not like black and brown together and the frame is brown when I already have black in the above, imagined arrangement. I am thinking I can paint the frame either black or a bright color such as yellow. I have an $8 Etsy print in mind for that frame that features a lot of red and yellow. I am not exactly the most confident of designers and I like to stay on dry ground so I am wary of mixing multiple different frame styles together. I have browsed a lot of other collections and the line between good and bad frame choices is a fine one. (A thought though: I like the idea of black frames for my arrangement but all my bedroom furniture is that color that goes so poorly with black, mainly brown.)

It is a work in progress but the parts I can see in my head look awesome.

No comments: