Putting My Own Stamp on It

I am slowly working to decorate my apartment. The current project is the bedroom and last week I made some progress that I am really proud of!



First, Jimmy and I picked out a new comforter set at the great and mighty Walmart, my favorite part is the accent pillows! We repurposed a plain old door mirror for over the bed. And the candles! The candles are my absolute favorite part of the bed area! Ahhh--I love them. I got them at Hobby Lobby for about $85 and totally worth it!!

When I was a young lassie I thought that scrapbooking was something totally cool and I wanted to do it. I got about as far as buying two books of scrapbooking paper before I decided that I wasn't really interested any more. I kept the books however and finally put them to work recently when I started decorating cardboard boxes from items that I have purchased. On the shelves of the headboard, are two shoeboxes and the box leftover from a charging dock. The former are covered with prince and princess themed paper and the later is a floral theme that matches the others nicely. Michaels has just such boxes like this at 10/$6, they are certainly nicer than mine but mine were essentially free and definitely one of a time.

There is a small picture frame in the middle section of the headboard, it cost me about $3 and took me two or three stores to find it. I needed one 3x3 inches (harder than you think!) and one that was either gold or that matched the ones I have already picked out for the wall collage. Michael's saved the day. I still need someone to save the day for my desired piece of decor to keep the picture company. More to come on that!

I am working on a wall collage for one of the walls. I have seven matching black frames of various sizes, they came from Amazon as a collage kit with handy templates. I am looking to do an arrangement like one that I found via Pinterest but I still made use of the templates by cutting each of the pictures out. I am currently using them to arrange my collage and then I will use them as a guideline for nailing my nails. (Genius template maker, I love you!)



I am trying to determine how my arrangement is going to be. In this picture, the space in the middle of the bottom row is saved for an H that I still need to buy/make. I left a space just big enough for the H that I had in mind but I've decided that it is not big enough, because I wanted to space up the big and the small items in the collage. The other space, on the upper left side was reserved for a wall clock but since the H is not big enough for my liking maybe I will be ditching the clock. Any thoughts or constructive criticism? I cannot decide what to do.. I need help! If you have anything, the comment section is open.

No comments: