Let's Talk Coats!

I bought a new coat for this winter. It is this coat from Nautica. I got a really great deal at the Boston Store. The tag on the coat says $280 but I paid only $99. It is so incredibly warm and I love how the faux rabbit fur looks. I also love that it is black, my old coat was brown which is probably my absolute least favorite color ever. I am super happy with this coat and look forward to happy winter days wearing it.

Besides that coat, I am on the lookout for another, cool weather coat. I want something that is not as heavy and good for cool days where the Nautica coat is more for frigid days. I have spotted two coats in my travels. The first coat is from the brand Laundry, I first spotted it in T.J. Maxx but the only place I am finding it online is bluefly.com (which I've never heard of?) and they are out of my size.
The coat features a faux fur lining, faux fur color, and faux suede exterior. I love the look of the asymmetrical zippers on the front, the fur features, and the look of the faux suede. The only thing I am not sure about is the stripe on the sleeves and the feel of the faux suede. The T.J. Maxx price was $150 which is much easier than $375 but still a big commitment.

 This coat is from Dollhouse, it is a wool blend (only about 10% wool though!) and features a patterned lining and detachable fur trimmed hood. I love the pea coat style and this coat has a very flattering shape. I found this coat in Body Central for $35 but Amazon has them for $49 in a lot more color and pattern options. I tried this on in the store over my hoodie and the medium was a little tight in the shoulders but the large was a little big in the waist. I should have tried it on without my hoodie to see what that felt like. The pricetag on this one means I could potentially buy three or more of these coats (one in the color shown above and the others in the plaid options and maybe the red one).

What do you think of these coats? Any coats you are loving this year?

1 comment:

Kate said...

Those are cute! I love the asymmetrical zippers as well!