Christmas

Merry Christmas, mates! Hee-haw!

*sucks on a piece of a peppermint candy cane well considering life.*

I don't know, I think my life is pretty boring, not to me, but boring for a blog. Ya know? I think a good many of you bloggers can feel for me here.

Well, as usual Christmas was great. People are always saying, 'It's not the getting that matters,' and trying to convince children it's giving. When I was younger I would probebly have thought something along the lines of 'Yeeeeaaaah...but...' Now I am older, and I see, it is very true. The getting falls away, the old falls away. All those years of getting these things that where cool but I was certainly looking for my Christmas joy in the wrong place. I'm beginning to turn it more in the right direction. The giving is so fun, expensive and all but fun. To see the look on siblings faces when they open their presents, let out ear piercing screams, and immediately need CPR attention is priceless. As is the amazing love God showed in sending his son--only son--to live, die, and be resurrected. It's truly amazing, priceless also. Take a moment to read Luke 2.

Well...after that very short speech in which I consumed about half a candy cane I will continue with...

What I got for Christmas. I think my parents gave me the following simply to spite me as I said last week, 'I don't bother asking for Christmas presents any more, no one gets me what I ask for.'

*consumes this third bit of candy cane.*

Just to spite me! Well, my parents told Cleo, 'go pick any present that isn't for you and bring it to me.' She did, it was given to the correct person and we all watched the person open it, scream, and need CPR, recover, and go give the giver a large bear hug. Then that person picked a present that wasn't for them and give it to the one it was really for. In that way we proceeded to dig our way through a abnormally small ammount of presents, (only about five presents per person). Then...it was my turn...I excepted the colorfully wrapped backage, it was...book shaped. My sister's and mother where all telling me how much I was going to hate this present, and how I was going to be so sad, might even cry and whatnot.

Yeah right. If ever their was a thrilling moment that night it was then. I opened it, it was a book, the back read in dark letters 'Be the change you want to see' and below that Matthew 5:16. It was so thrilling, I'm sure my mouth was hanging open, and my eyes where probebly big, and it was very thrilling.

*reaches for another piece of candy cane.*

The book was, in case you where wondering, Shine: Make Them Wonder What You've Got. I'm planning on starting a book about the same things this book talks about and thought it might be helpful to read this. I've started it, and it starts very nicely. Has the beginnings of a very good book.

So we continue in this way, a few presents are opened when I am again called upon to open a large present. Things go basically the same for me except the family takes sides, some saying 'you're going to hate this' well others tell me 'don't you believe them! where they telling the truth about Shine?!' I slid open the package and there is what I asked for a iPod dock. It's great, super sound and lovely layout. The NewsBoys sound just lovely blaring out of it.

We continue...before moments I am again opening (will this flow of presents never end?!) Again everyone is staring at me which makes things difficult, it's hard to concentrate when people are making you nervous and your the center of attention. Ugh. Anyways I opened it, another book. Or so it appeared, I turned it over to view the front and watcha know, it's what I wanted last year. It's a Narnia journal, it has Peter's shield on the cover and faintly the Pauline Baynes' map. The inside is very lovely, new smelling, and yellow. It's decorated with snow flakes and new vines. Quite lovely. I have six pages left in my last journal. This one is being used next, though it is almost to pretty do be deformed by my illegible handwriting!

*eats more candy.* Ya, I know, I'm going to be sick, but frankly, at the moment, I don't care! It's Christmas! One of the few times I get candy.

Anyways, we continue on, opening opening opening, paper being stuffed in a white plastic bin liner as we go, my little brother opened the present I got him and promptly left it in the middle of the floor for the far more interesting paper and ribbons that taste so much better to a baby. *rolls eyes*

My sister (Kale Allerion on Nweb in case you where in the least interested) has wrapped a small gift more. (I feel so loved!!) I open it to find a yellow desk pen and a yellow 'Woman Of God' bookmark. It's lovely, the pen works well and I shall use the bookmark in Shine.

As for my li'l brother, (I continue to feel the love) gave me three pens (brilliant! It's what I always ask for,) and a pencil (like pens better but it's the thought that counts right?), and a pad of self stick notes. Which are always helpful. It may not seem like much of a gift to ya'll but it was from my brother and I was completely out of pens (they'd all run out of ink! Not dried out but, run out.) And with the self sticks I shan't have to worry about running through the few I have to quickly.

Such was the opening experience for me. I would go on and on about the food too, but, maybe I'll talk about tummy aches another day.

(Imported from Xanga.)