Mood: Thoughtful

Genuinely time for an update. Spent the last month putting all my writing efforts into NaNoWriMo, atleast I have some excuse this time.

My favorite band is the NewsBoys, I’ll go into why I like the newsboys and my musical tastes another time, for now I’m just going to speak to you about one of their songs. This song is currently one of my favorite NewsBoys songs. And I’m going to tell you why I like it. My sister doesn’t. That’s her problem but today I’m going to try and point out why I like it and then she promised to give 99 reasons why she doesn’t like it once she listens to it with the lyrics infront of her. For now, the song….

Song: Who?
Album: Shine, The Hits
Artist: NewsBoys
Lyrics / Listen
(Or you can get 25 free listens on Rhapsody.com.)
Well…this song as a great beat and sound to it, but lyrics matter a whole lot. If it had different lyrics like the lyrics some songs out their have I would not have only two listens left at Rhapsody!

After I heard the song I checked up on the lyrics, as it usually goes with a NewsBoys I had to read the lyrics through once or twice and listen to the song a few more times before I ‘got it’. Before things clicked onto the inner-meaning, (if I may). NewsBoys likes to give you "some lyrics to chew on" obviously, (line from latest song, I Fought The La).

I’ve still got to get a grasp on the verses but from the chorus and bridge I think I’ve got it. It speaks on something my Pastor speaks about a lot. God and gods, non-Christians may think they’re God-less but they aren’t, it’s just that their god is something else. Could be money, could be children, could be work, could be computers, could be music, could be sports, could be their political position, could be food, could be anything. It says in the bridge "We’d end up worshipping a Christ of our own design" which would be a god we could "lead around".

Which is something I need to remember, I need to remember that I’m not following a God I can lead around. I need to remember that I’m not following my obsessions. I’m following Jesus, and I need to live such.

….and that’s all I have to say, I read through what I wrote and notice it makes no sense but so what? I know what I’m speaking of and I’m the only one who reads this stuff. Happy Upper Ethiopia to you!

(Imported from HomeschoolBlogger.)