Bite-Sized NewsBoys #3
Song: Something Beautiful
Album: GO


Now, if I remember correctly, this is one of Duncan’s favorite songs from GO. Little trivia for today.

Did you know there’s something coming? Did ya? Did ya? The last two weeks we covered Go and Wherever We Go which is proclaiming the thing with is returning. Now we see a song saying, even as I proclaim, I can’t help but be eager for something more.

This world seems to have a whole lot to offer, homes, iPhones, fax machines, spaceships, and underwater hotels, but really, if you really think about it that’s not all that great and wonderful. In my opinion, the world is overrated. God made it great and beautiful, but it’s like what C. S. Lewis said in the Last Battle.



The dream is ended: this is the morning.

When you dream, you dream things that are almost like real life, but they’re nearly always so very unrealistic afterward, (though very much a reality well your dreaming) and when you wake up, they quickly fade away. The dream is this world, a copy of what is to come, but it isn’t the best, it’s all great and beautiful well it lasts but there is a new fresh start every morning. As the person in the song states.

I wanna start it over
I wanna start again
There’s a new beginning
One without an end

The Kingdom is coming, and it’s a new morning, it is the morning, the awakening from the dream, if you will. The bride is being prepared for the bridegroom, God works in everyone’s lives all the time, does he not? That is the voice that wispers your name, preparing you as the bride, it’s the song that stirs in your head, saying love will take you where.

It’s something beautiful. Just like relationships, not only the relationship between God and man, but also between man and woman, parent and child, child and child, man and man, woman and woman. ‘Tis beautiful.

"What is beautiful to you?"
"Oh…um…I think…um…beautiful to me…it’s–it’s–it’s–it’s it’s not always in the eyes it’s…um…it’s–it’s in a woman that has a heart that follows God. You know what I mean? It’s my wife, she has that."
"Summer."
"Yeah, it’s my wife, Summer. …That’s beautiful to me….It’s relationships, I think that’s what I’m trying to say. Relationships are beautiful things."
— Peter Furler and Interviewer, Total Living

That woman definitely caught Peter by suprise with that question.
Did you catch that? Hopefully I didn’t do to badly relaying what I think Something Beautiful is about at the heart, if you didn’t catch it, try listening to the song. The music video doesn’t do it justice because of the screaming audience members so try the radio, the radio seems to be all over the song.

Lyrics / Listen

(Imported frrom HomeschoolBlogger.)