Saturday, March 08, 2008 Self-Centered Am I

Here I am again, I've givin' up on somethings NarniaWeb because they where taking up all of my life. So here I am, when I can't poor my life into the Town Square then Xanga is the next best place.

Anyway.

It's 7:30 in the morning, I'm here gathering up the courage to run today's race, or maybe I'm just using here as a way of conctating?

I'm here to post myself a little reminder for me well I work. You are welcome to read my little reminder however, everything on the internet is obviously out there even for everyone, even the most ugly eyes, (though, come to think of it, I haven't seen a unbeautious pair of eyes yet...)

Life is very busy for my currently, I'm getting allot of things thrown upon me and allot of people waiting on me to do things for them today, and when it takes me awhile to do it they will thus forth freak out, which is not fun. So here I am, being selfish, when my little sister who cannot read asks for help to read something I say 'no, I am busy' and the sibling has to go search for someone else to help them, and that's the same with tying shoes, hearing what a sibling has to say, giving out lap room, and things of that sort, (not to mention excepting jobs from my parents, when supper is needed I aught not to grumble that I am far to busy to make supper).

So my reminder is as follows:

I don't need reminding to look after myself
So maybe when you wave goodbye
You could think of something else
I don't need reminding who is number one
On my list of priorities when all is said and done

I've never grown from the terrible two's
I've just learned to hide it from all of you

Who is gonna sing my selfish song
Well the answer is me so don't sing along
Who is gonna change this heart of stone
Oh my God, my life is a selfish song
-- Paul Colman Trio, Selfish Song

The disease of self runs through my blood
It's a cancer fatal to my soul
Every attempt on my behalf has failed
To bring this sickness under control

Tell me, what's going on inside of me?
I despise my own behavior
This only serves to confirm my suspicions
That I'm still a man in need of a savior
-- DC Talk, In The Light

"...Unlearning all the self-conceit and self -will that we have been training ourselves into... It means killing part of yourself, under-going a kind of death." -- C. S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Oh, Lord, you are the author
Redeeming what's been done
You hold us in the present
And all that is to come

Lord, we don't know where all this is going
Or how it all works out
Lead us to peace that is past understanding
A peace beyond all doubt
-- NewsBoys, Lord (I Don't Know)

Will You lift me up with tender care?
Will You wash me clean in the palm of Your hand?
Will You hold me close so I can thrive?
When You touch me, that's when I know, I know I'm alive
-- NewsBoys, Thrive

'Cause he said, "everyone is singing such a selfish song"
And we don't want help, not from anyone
"I can make a change in your heart of stone
Hey don't you know that you can't
Do it on your own"
-- Paul Colman Trio, Selfish Song

You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint You won't grow weary
You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles

You are the everlasting God
-- Lincoln Brewster, Everlasting God

(Imported from Xanga.)