Bite-Sized NewsBoys #9
Song: Secret Kingdom
Album: GO
Any of you who are very fond of Tolkien, take note on the first verse. Disclaimer: No hobbits were hurt in the making of this song.

So, there’s a secret kingdom, and, it appears to be…spinning our world around? And ’til we’ve got no fear of all things! It wants faithfulness and it won’t shrink to politics. Hmmm…

Well, there’s a place up there that is a kingdom (well, metaphorically it is "Up there" but you really couldn’t get to it if you traveled the space of our world for years and years) and in this place, up there, there is a person (metaphorical) who directs the entire world. That person (or God) is the one that keeps the earth spinning, the person that gives us day and gives us night. The sun and the moon. Which provides food. Which gives us strength. Which makes us able to do things. In other words, spinning our world around.

‘Til we’ve got no fear. Well, why should this scare us? This God spinning our world around is the One providing everything for you giving you each breath of air you breathe and it’s the One making your heart go thumpity-thump day in and day out. So should we have a fear? (I’m speaking of unholy fears, if you know what I mean.)

…And I think with that you should understand this song. But, just one more thing, this Kingdom is "secret" because so few people in this world know and believe that this Kingdom is there. Hence, it is secret. But it is our duty to strive to shine and bare witness that actually there is such a Kingdom, and someday, that Kingdom won’t be secret any more.

(BTW, I edited my "I Am Free" post, which is my last one, with a really good edit. I shall say so myself because it is true, a very good edit.)

(Imported from HomeschoolBlogger.)