Conflicting Thoughts/All By Myself

If I had a Facebook I would status, "Going on a HOT DATE...by myself...to the grocery store."

It would be a funny status. It would also be untrue because I am not actually going to the grocery store. And my whining about my life doesn't need to be all over Facebook. (Reason I don't have Facebook: it is an excellent platform for all sorts of things that would be better kept off the soapbox. If such a thing wasn't so tempting for me I'd probably still have a Facebook. Also: making this tangent longer, I am relatively okay with posting this post here because nobody reads this blog anyway!)

Last couple of days I've relocated to forever-alone-and-not-happy-hood. I've worked myself into a fit where all I do is listen to Celine Dion's All By Myself on repeat because it's so relevant.

I love people. I am introverted, I think. I need people, I need friendship and interaction. But not for too long or too much at once. I love too be talked to, but for too long and I have to make an excuse to leave.

Maybe because I don't have a lot of confidence in my social skills? I don't know.

I'm not actually looking for a hot date. In my mind, when I see myself living the dream. I am single, I have half a dozen best friends, I am living alone in a decent place. And I have a really big TV. I sometimes like to say that, no, I am not single, I am in a long standing relationship with fun and freedom. We're never getting divorced ever. We're madly in love. Blah, blah, blah.

I am just really craving friendship right now. I just want someone who would get as big a kick hanging out with me as I would hanging out with them.

I AM IN A GLASS CASE OF EMOTION.

And I'm not going to post about the events that brought on these feelings of woe because: even though nobody reads the ol' blog it is a lot too public. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and--awkward!

In other news, I just bought two wickedly awesome shirts. I cannot wait to wear them! :D Also, I am totally getting a case of yesterday's Bad25 Pepsi.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

On the off-chance that you want to be cheered up, not just rant (which can also be therapeutic), here ya go. If you'd rather just vent, ignore the following. Ahem.
You are an interesting person with an interesting outlook on life, and I enjoy hanging with you even when you're not being witty.
It's okay to be introverted (thank goodness, or we'd both be in a lot of trouble!). Just relax and don't worry about the minions around you think.
Really big TV's are awesome. Especially with a really killer set of surround-sound speakers. :-)

Kate said...

I read you're blog! :o