Early Christmas

I haven't posted in a long time. Here is a quick story while I wait for some content to download on my computer.

Friday morning I woke up at about eight o'clock. I got up and found that my honey was in the bathroom. He had already eaten, showered, shaved his head, and was working on his facial hair. I commented on how early he had gotten up and he told me he was running to the post office before work to take care of a discrepancy he had with them.

After he had gone I went to take my own shower. In the midst of washing my hair I got to thinking how unfamiliar that morning was. He had eaten breakfast (which he doesn't normally do), showered before me (same), I had woken myself up instead of him waking me. Also he had a "discrepancy" with the post office and hadn't told me? Normally I know at least a day in advance of all his plans and what had he bought that he hadn't told me about?

I felt no worry or distrust. I just thought, "Huh. This is new."

I got out of the shower and started getting myself something to eat for breakfast. I was sitting on the couch when he got home. "Since the post office ruined your Christmas present," he said, "I might as well give this to you now."

He handed me a very mangled and partially ripped open package. I pulled out a plastic bag with something blue in it. It was a NFL Baltimore Colts jersey, Johnny Unitas #19. I had mentioned when we were at the mall a couple of weeks ago (and maybe some other times) that I wanted a number nineteen jersey. He researched players with the #19 and picked one out for me.

After I had thanked him profusely we were sitting on the couch together and he confessed, "You have no idea how much I stressed about this. I didn't sleep at all last night. I thought the package would just be left at our door and I was going to hide it under the bed. When I had to go pick it up I was like, how am I ever going to deceive you? I was so nervous!"

I have wanted a #19 jersey for the longest time. Now I have one and it is super great.

No comments: