Work and Jazz

Today I seriously perturbed one of my coworkers. In that she started swearing at me.

She finds it very insulting and frustrating when people help her. She views it as them not trusting in her capabilities. It is something I understand in every way.

I have overstepped into her area of authority before and she has asked me to keep my nose in my own business, which is fine. I now carefully check for consent from her and others before assisting with their work load. Today, however, was different.

I think I was the last straw. I visited her area, saw something that needed to be done. I looked for her and could not find her. I figured she had run to the bathroom. So, I took over. Needless to say, she had been there all along and I just hadn't looked hard enough for her. She saw me when I saw her, she saw what I was doing and threw up her hands in exasperation.

Shortly after she came to me, angry. " You and [other coworker] don't communicate with me," "I am put in the corner and walked over and I am d--- well tired of it."

I was quite surprised at the amount of anger she had in her voice.

But then, this is the last day she will have to deal with me. Tomorrow my jobs and duties will be different. (Well, technically this was yesterday and the jobs are today's. It's 1:30 and I still cannot sleep. Woot, woot.)

No comments: