Seven Friday Shorts #38

1. So, I think I could very easily become one of those girls that you see on YouTube or wherever that is obsessed with make-up and hair care products. (For example, I am relatively sure I could have a collection as big and bad as the collection of the Eleventhgorgeous girls on YouTube.) I just loooove the colors and the packaging and trying it on and feeling glamorous.

It is pretty irrational because I do not even wear make-up every day and I pretty much always have my hair in the old ponytail.  I've got a perfectly good tube of hair gel but, you know, this other brand might be good too and--oh, wait--what about that one? I think I could potentially have a problem if the clear thinking percentage of my brain were to ever decrease at all.

2. Speaking of the above, I just heard recently about a company called Ipsy. They are a subscription sample company, at $10 a month you get a small bag of 4-5 beauty products mailed to you every month. Often the products are travel or sample sizes but I hear people receive full sizes as well. It sounds like a fun, little, exciting package to get in the mail. To whoever started the business, kudos!

3. I am on an indefinite, extreme frugality, no spending lifestyle challenge at the moment. Because of that I opted out of going to see the nearby community production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. But then! My sister had to tell me how phenomenal it was and that was hard. I am very disappointed about missing it but I know that a part of maturity is determining between needs and wants and prioritizing wisely.

4. This may sound weird and it will easily get taken the wrong way but here it is: I miss singing. I never thought I would say that but it is true. I don't really sing much these days and here is why. It is simply because I feel self-conscious about my singing voice and I always have so when I lost a huge portion of my alone time, I basically stopped singing. And now, when I have some free time, my voice doesn't work any more!

It is sad. I miss singing, it is so great for feeling better or for strength when you feel bad. Oh, I just miss it.

5. I really dislike other women calling me darling or honey. It is one thing if the lady is 30+ years older me, I understand that and I can accept it. It is just so derogatory to me, I just feel like I am being talked down to, like I am being treated like a child. However men calling me names, that is a whole other story!! Instant addition to the people-I-do-not-like list. Sorry, bub.

6. I have perfected my body washing and shaving experience!! I am so happy to have discovered the holy grail of in the shower body care. This is it: Dove go fresh Revive Body Wash with NutriumMoisture, Pomegranate & Lemon Verbana, Schick Hydro Silk Razor, and Equate Sensitive Skin Shave Gel with vitamin E. I just had to share because this is so deliciously perfect! I have never felt so good after washing and shaving! So much less irritation and itching.

7. I was thinking I would go to Starbucks with my mother last weekend but I wasn't able to. I don't drink coffee but my mother does and I was going to treat her and it was going to be awesome but no go. Boohoo. Ending this post on a sad one.

1 comment:

Valerie Jacobsen said...

I am trying to reform myself as a non-commenter.

I always enjoy your company.