Web Design Update

The other week I spent the entire afternoon redesigning my blog's template. New style and colors and stuff! I got it all perfect and even went through and organized the labels on my blog posts, deleting the random ones that were only associated with, like, one post.

(Side note: while messing with the labels I accidentally changed the timestamp on four blogs from 2009 to 6/30/13. I did some research and tried to put them back to a day somewhat close to the day they were originally posted. It doesn't really matter how accurate the timestamp, I suppose, but it is annoying. Like, for real. I want my blog to be perfectly historically accurate! Oh well.)

The next day when I checked on my blog for comments or updates or whatever my poor little blog was all screwed up! The bandwidth was exceeded so nothing was available and it was so sad!

The following week I had to do the whole thing over again. I found an awesome template to use called "Safe as Houses." It was all typography and super cool looking! However every download I could find on the Internet didn't include the XML file I needed or whatever. I searched and searched because it was a great template and I tried to figure out other ways of getting it on my blog without using the XML but I am not that savvy.

Thus! I am using this template. It is not as perfect as I would like but it is the style I was looking for and it will do me for now.

Next project: make my clothing closet better!!

No comments: