Coupon Clipping at Target

I have discovered the joys of couponing. I love going up to the register and laying down my coupons and watching my total go down. I also love trying out new products with coupons. It seems that there is very usually a coupon in the paper when a new product hits the shelves. I used a coupon just the other week to try out Hershey's new Lancaster candies. (The caramel flavored ones were like magic but the raspberry ones were not exciting.)

I used to think that clipping coupons was lame and if you were cool then you so did not buy the Sunday paper every week and cut out the coupons and divide them into little folders and so on. But I have changed my mind, people! Even down to the bit about dividing my coupons into little folders. It just makes it so much easier when they are divided out.

Couponing does take a little more preparation before a grocery trip, in addition to making a list you also have to cut the coupons, organize them with your other coupons, and weed out expired coupons. It also makes it easier if you set aside the coupons that you are going to use on your trip before you get to the store but I do not always do this because I don't like to commit to things before I have to.

Last weekend I hit up Target to get some shampoo and conditioner because I was completely out and needed to take a shower. I got some other items at the same time.

For shampoo and conditioner I decided to go with TRESemme's Keratin Smooth line, the bottles were $6.49 each with no coupons. So far, I like my choice!

The body wash that I always buy was on sale for $5 a bottle and I used a $1 coupon. I use Dove's Go Fresh body wash in the pomegranate flavor, I still have about half a bottle left in the shower but I bought this one now because it was only $4 and so that I have some when I run out.

I also bought some deodorant so that I am all set to go when my current stick runs out. I had a coupon for Degree and one for Dove and I decided to go with Dove. I bought the new Dove Go Fresh Advanced Care cucumber scent to try out. I had a dollar off so it was $3.89.

Call me crazy but I bought two bottles of Aussie's Sprunch Mousse and Leave-In Conditioner. LOVE THIS STUFF. I bought two so I could use a coupon and I know I will use them. $1.99 each.

I bought a new razor and a refill pack. I love my Schick Hydro Silk razor! Target was awesome and let me use four coupons on the two items. The items were $9.99 and $16.99 and the four coupons took $14 off! I tend to buy new razor refills--and sometimes new razors because I think using the same handle for forever is gross--even when I am not completely out because the Hydro Silk is so expensive. It's totally worth the cost but having coupons definitely helps.

This is why I love couponing! I don't buy more items than I could ever use like the people on TV. I just love using coupons as a savvy way to compliment my other efforts to live within my means and make the most of what I have.

No comments: