Seven Friday Shorts

1. I bought a super fancy Ninja blender last weekend. I have been wanting a blender for regular blending things but I also have been wanting to start making myself smoothies. The first thing I tried was a milkshake I called Toasted Marshmallow Storm. I used a toasted marshmallow milkshake recipe I found on Pinterest but instead of vanilla ice cream all I had was Vanilla Storm ice cream so I used it instead. The milkshake unfortunately turned out pretty watery and the bits of chocolate in the ice cream didn't blend very well. Since then I have been trying to perfect my smoothie recipe. I think I have just about got it, the one I made this morning was pretty good! I am doing 1/4 cup yogurt (probiotics!), 3/4 milk (vitamins and minerals!), a good amount of frozen fruit, and I have been adding vanilla and honey because I am using plain yogurt. It's nothing grand or fancy but it is a way for me to get milk into my body because drinking it is gross.

2. My dumb doctor's visit is costing me three hundred dollars. I am seriously irked about this, what a waste of time and money! Something I did not highlight in my previous post about my visit is what the doctor said about me and iron. When my iron level was originally tested it came back very high so my ferritin (what stores iron in the blood) level was tested and that was on the low end of normal. I was taking a vitamin supplement that was giving me 100% of my daily value of iron so I quit taking it. I got a second iron test after I was off the supplement for 3-4 weeks and my iron level was down to the high end of normal. The doctor said it was just "young girls and their periods" and I should go back to taking the supplement. This does not make sense for two reasons, if I have a small amount of ferritin where is the iron from the supplement going to go? and two, when you bleed you loose iron so having a period does not explain having a lot of iron.

But I am no doctor.

3. I haven't been doing such a hot job at posting regularly. It was all fine and dandy until suddenly I was back to doing copious amounts of overtime at work. It is very tiring and I hope it lets up a bit before I start my course in like two weeks. It's a finance course which means there is going to be math involved. Send help.

4. The other week when I was in Famous Footwear I got my feet measured. It was nothing too fancy just a metal device I stood on that had markings for the different sizes. I measured an 11M but I disagree. I can wear some 11s without my feet hurting but it's a gamble. I think I really need a 10W shoe, I have tried on some 10W and they seem to feel fine but it is impossible to tell what is good until you've worn it for an hour.

5. Spring and summer are coming! This means I need (or want) a new purse because I don't think that my current orange purse matches my summer clothes or fits with my summer theme. I have a bag that my sister gave me when she came back from India the first time that I think will work quite nicely as a purse. The only problem is that it has absolutely zero pockets or anything. It is just a bag, not even the smallest frill at all. I am thinking this can easily be remedied with either a purse organizer insert or if I just put all my stuff into little pouches and then put the pouches in my purse. I think the organizer idea is better and I could buy a custom made one on Etsy for about the price of a new purse. Unfortunately I am on a tight budget at the moment and am trying my best to not spend money on things like purse organizers. I saw a tutorial on Pinterest for a DIY purse organizer made out of a cereal box but that is just sad.

6. "I'm just naturally adorable" is a quote from a movie I saw last weekend called Butterflies Are Free. I really liked the movie, especially the dialog in the beginning. It was happy and lovely but at the same time it was kind of depressing. '70's themes usually are depressing to me, not the part about nonconformity or peace or stuff like that. It's the part about the drugs, alcohol, other words I can't find, and so forth.

7. I need to find a lip moisturizer that actually works. I am tired of having ouchy lips all the time. I saw one the other day that's actually water-based instead of a moisture-repellant based. Vaseline and oils are all well and good if you're just trying to lock in moisture but if there is no moisture to begin with then you need a different solution. My current hand cream is water-based and it works good to keep my dry skin from bleeding (which is about as good as it gets around here.) I am hoping that a water-based lip moisturizer will help me as well.

No comments: