Shopping!

Last weekend Jim and I went on an anniversary moon. We stayed on the tenth floor of the most posh hotel I've ever stayed at, we went to the second biggest mall in America, and we hit a couple of other shopping stops.

At the mall, we made a couple of stops, walking into random shops. My first purchase was in American Eagle. I found a long sleeve shirt, white with coral/pink lettering and a nice pair of jeans. I had a coupon for $10 off a pair of jeans and so my total came to just under $30. I was pretty proud of myself for that!

My main mission, honestly, was a bra mission. So, to Nordstrom it was.

Dressing rooms are an awkward ballroom. Mine was just as bad as it could get, at first. But then I was just like, forget it, this isn't going to be awkward. I'm not going to let it be.

I got a girl to help me, she went in the back and pulled out all the bras that she thought might fit me. (It was about six total.) She helped me try them all on, which again, I said no to awkwardness and decided that I would like a personal assistant to help me put my bras on everyday
. Most of the bras were a little small, she needed to go back for a bigger cup and so I tried on several more.

One of the bras she had me try on was a white lace frilly thing. I like lace and I suppose there are people who like baby-esque lingerie but to me it was too much like a piece of newborn clothing. Maybe I am just crazy? I got the same style in black instead, it is black lace and nude lining and I quite like it.

In the end I had three bras picked out, I was all set to put one back and just buy two of them but I guess I wasn't very clear when I told that to the girl. She rang me up for all three bras and I didn't complain because I actually, you know, really did what all three. Unfortunately my total came to about $230 (for only three bras!) but that is one of the disadvantages to wearing a size 30GG.

The mall was so big! There were so many stores and I got turned around so many times. I found zero shoes, my second mission. Shoes and bras are not easy for me. After I had blisters on both my feet, we left.

I also insisted that we go to Ikea because who doesn't want to go to Ikea? Jimmy said that I wouldn't like it but we went anyway. He was right, of course. Ikea was pretty lame plus it was so crowded! The only good part of Ikea was the kitchen schemes. OMG. I was in Heaven! Major kitchen envy. Besides the kitchens, there was also a wall canvas that I really liked. It was a picture of a big building in New York, from such a unique angle. It looked so cool. I would love to hang it somewhere, if I had somewhere to hang it. Check out Ikea's website for a huge canvas of a building in New York. See the awesomeness.

The Container Store, another place I thought it would be fun to visit, was about as unimpressive as Ikea. It would be great if you needed a bin box that you couldn't find at Walmart or something. Otherwise, not that exciting.

We also went to Marshall's, (I know, boring!) and it was just that. I thought it was a different store, I thought that Marshall's was the name of a different store. Poor silly me. Now I have to remember, what is the name of the store I am thinking of.... (Update: Gordmans.)

After we got home, before I had to go back to the drudgery of work, I went to Ross: Dress for Less and scored some scores. I got two dressy shirts for a fair price annnnd! twelve plastic food containers for $12!

Boo yah!

No comments: