"Oh Frabjous Day!"

Does anyone else thing a "flat cap" should actually be called a "troy hat/cap"? Or we could just call it by its Sicily-ian name of "coppola." Yes, you have no idea what I'm talking about. I know... *sighs* I have two words for you: google it!

...

*adds a pink flair to her corkboard*

*gasps*

Um, pressing on... I have returned to tell some of the "long stories" I mentioned in my post "Sentences of No Meaning" and hopefully explain that post in general. I don't believe I can make it any more useful, as it is rather useless, but atleast I can make it understandable to all you poor people who made the mistake of reading it.

Why did I have such dreadful feelings towards GodTube?
Well, GodTube ran a contest (and if you are like me, you are continually signing up for or trying to win contests and giveaways) they called the it the "Jam Cam" contest. The idea was that you make a twenty second video of you introducing yourself and introducing one of the artists that was going to be at Winter Jam '09, for the Peoria show that we are going to this would be tobyMac, Hawk Nelson, The Afters, Francesca Battestelli, and NewSong. The other artists that are going to be there aren't part of the contest. The winner (five winners per tour date) received two free passes to the concert.
Who would pass up a chance such as this? I rallied my sisters together, told them about the concert, and organized a video. Alright, so it took a day or two to come up with a theme/style for the video, I'll give you that. We shot about twenty of these videos, never managing to get under twenty-five seconds but submitted one of them anyways (with a little ultra poor editing from me). The reason I have a T and a O on the back of my hands (mostly faded, though) is because we wrote "TOBY MAC" on our hands and I was at the beginning of the line so I ended up with the TO.
I also made a video with the help of my little little sisters. I told them that for the video their names would be Afterexpectations and Afternotes and that they came from Aftertimes and they were introducing The Afters and it turned out fairly well, I think. Not the best, but okay.
I made a silent video introducing Hawk Nelson. It was hardly good.
My sisters made the best video though. This is Kale and Eugenides. They modeled it after the Geico commercials, which is always a good idea because Geico commercials are impressive commercials. Kale sat in one side of the camera and looked very dull. Sat up straight, hardly moved, and didn't smile. They both picked up foreign accents for this video, probably because they thought it was the cool thing to do. So, Kale said "G'day, my name is" whatever and Eugenides ran across the room in her slippery socks, behind Kale, and called out "And my name's" whatever. 'Twas rather amusing. Everything Kale said was repeated with energy by Eugenides and at the end she cried, "Hawwwwkkk Nelsooooonnn" and fell over. Most amusing. Their bloopers/mess ups are also, most of the bloopers are of Kale loosing it and laughing or of Eugenides' slidding being misjudged.

Once the videos are made you have to enter them in order for them to be judged. The entering process is pretty basic, sign up at GodTube, upload you're video in the normal way, and then send the video to GodTube via the "Send Message" button on their Jam Cam page. Very simple, right? Yes, simple but there's a hitch in the first instruction. We all (four people) signed up at GodTube and only two of us got the confirmation emails you need in order to work your account. We each signed up with two-three different emails. So we each signed up two or three times trying to get these confirmation emails. We got them two out of 8-12 times. That is the base of my wrath and dislike of GodTube. I won't go into the other things that happened though, 'tis rather confusing. I stayed up til midnight on Wednesday waiting for my video to be uploaded. Which I didn't really need to do, I'd forgotten it was Wednesday and not Thursday. The trial and tribulation.

Anyways. You can all be confused about the singular details of this whole expedition. All you need to know is that our videos were uploaded on Wednesday, all Thursday whenever we met each other there was much wailing, nail biting, and moanings similar to those of Dash. "WE'RE DEAAAAAD!! WE'RE DEADDDDDDD!! WE SURVIVED BUT WE'RE DEAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDD!!"
On Friday, at about 8-9am I signed into my GodTube account to see if I had any messages and, yes, the little envelope in the corner was red and so I opened the letter and learned that...we won! That pleased me excessively, of course. I went and read the message aloud to my sisters, we all were insanely happy and very surprised because we had won a whole eight tickets when the advertisement said we would only be winning two. I don't know why this is so but I am quite happy it is. It means five of us may go and we can drag three friends with us. One of which is Kiwi, of course. We shall go on Friday afternoon and won't be back until very, very early Saturday morning or rather late Saturday morning. One of the two. We shall have a splendid time, I'm sure. Excessive Blog Fodder.

Um, so ends this boring post, merely here for the sake of telling you I'm going to go see tMac! Tomorrow! Incase you didn't realize that the "Friday" I was/am talking about is the Friday that comes after the Thursday that is today. And my/our video is going to be shown in front of hundreds! *dies* Kiwi is coming so she can hide me when that happens. Full report afterwards, with pictures.

So, yes, you have reached the end. Aren't you glad? I am now off to comment on random people's blogs and then to get ready! Though, the only thing I can really think of that I need to do is charge my camera batteries. Both sets. It eats batteries. I've already found the picture of Phil that I've been meaning to show Kiwi. Um...yes. Until after the concert.

6 comments:

Kiwi da Fruit said...

Oh bother.
Is this Uncle Johnson really your relative, or is that just what you call him?
*tries to decide how to mention this to her parents.* Oooooooooh boy.
Methinks this'll complicate matters some. Hopefully not. The problem is that my parents do not know That Anonymous Dude, and I'm hoping they don't mind. :l
Hm.
More of a long comment comin' later. See ya tomorrow!
~Kiwi da Fruit :D

Kiwi da Fruit said...

Hey, my parents want me ta call you in the morning to find out more about where exactly we'd be staying and all. :l
Would 9:00 or 9:30 be good? Comment when you see this, please.
'bye.
Kiwifruit

Alyosha said...

*cough*um,it'sFrabjousnotFabjous*

Three cheers for Owan and Co., and all that jazz! :D That's awesome. Which video was it that won? Have fun at the concert!

Flat cap/whateveritscalled = Fish hat, right?

RYC: Yes, you should pick up Enemy Brothers if ever you see it, and I liked it enough not to be terribly nervous. :P (Well, I definitely liked it better than APGK or the Roman Mysteries or any of those recommendations-gone-flat.) But currently I am favourably inclined toward anything vaguely WWII-ish, especially Britain, so that may or may not have something to do with it. :P Oh wait, I've said all this already...anyhow, you can probably order it through ILL, I know that a couple Midwestern NWers have. Somehow the Midwest's ILL systems seem to be exceedingly accommodating.

CoQT. Yes. Worth weeping over. Though not, perhaps, worth turning your vision red and blurry from reading it online. The back cover of my library's copy was annoyingly spoiler-filled. ARGH.

Removable stickers? Removable stickers. *relaxes* (Lord of the Flies, ha. Another book I think you would not be filled with love toward. :P I rather liked it though.) I was just wailing the other day about how the used bookstore's stickers take large portions of the cover off with them. *weeps for the lost beauty of her 1940s copy of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, which also happens to have a plea for War Bonds on the back* BUT as said stickers usually say 25c on them, I can't complain too loudly.

Count of Monte Cristo, yes, it's rather frightening. Rather brick-like. Rather like Les Mis, except, not. We shall conquer! ...someday.

*is distressed as predicted on account of Kiwi's sister*

[/rambling]

CrimeSceneFairy said...

Hai. :)
Boo, GodTube! Yay, you winned! When do I get to see the videoh?
have fun...........blessed person...

netsirK said...

:O :O
Congrats! What fun! Hope you have fun... I think it's impossible not to have fun at a Tmac show, but still. Tell us all about it!

Daughter of Eve said...

Talked to Kiwi on Saturday (afternoon), and she said it was AWESOME!!! I would have been kinda cool if I could've come, but Dad suggested that maybe we could go to LIFEST!!! That would be cool. Anyway, glad you guys got to go and have fun!!!

~Lucy~