The Great Movie Watching Escapade

I took a nap today. I could not handle the late night I had last night without one. Somehow 3AM crept up upon me without me noticing. I do not know how it happened, it is probably because I was took busy maxing on chocolate to pay attention to the cues.

Last night I watched three movies, ate a handful of m&ms and more York pieces than I would care to recall. The movies were Princess Diaries 1, Princess Diaries 2, and Confessions of a Shopaholic, in that order.

Why is diaries plural? There is only one diary and only one princess. I do not compute. I liked the first Princess Diary movie best. I liked Joe, he was friendly, sensitive, he had a sense of humor, and a nice smile. I liked him. Julie Andrews was very Julie Andrews-ish. She has this habit of lifting both of her arms that gets old quickly. Anne Hathaway/Mia was unrealistically klutzy--is there anyone as klutz as she is? I cannot fathom the fact that her extreme clumsiness might not be all fiction. Maybe there really is someone somewhere as klutzy as she is. What a sad thought.

The movie was very Disney but Joe made it better. Except for that romance between him and the queen. What a way to spoil his character, director people.

I had seen the first princess diary before but I'd never seen the second. Poor, poor Andrew. Children, children, why do you bring this on yourself? I should almost thing that you liked having a broken heart with the way you act. Thankfully Andrew ended up happy, even if he did get dumped. He should have done the dumping though. Your fiancee slept with* that other guy! I think if that happens you should definitely break up the engagement and make yourself very, very scarce.

I liked Confessions of a Shopaholic, it's not like it is my absolute favorite movie or anything but I did like it. The female lead looked so much like Amy Adams, they are identical twins separated at birth, I know it. The male lead was somewhat cute, too.
The poor girl had a problem, a major one, I have to put it right below alcholicism or smoking. It is not necessarily dangerous for your physical health but it definitely put other parts of her life under serious pressure. It was an addiction that she needed to fight. Sadly, she was, more or less, on her own with it. I am so, so glad that she sold the green scarf. The green scarf was a memorable part of her wardrobe but it was just a piece of clothing. A piece of clothing is a piece of clothing.

Katelyn says that I wrote too much into that movie but a movie cannot touch you unless you write something into it. Yes? No? Maybe so?

*Some people are saying that she didn't actually sleep with Andrew. Yes, it's true. She didn't sleep-sleep with him but she certainly didn't sleep apart from him. Spending the night in each others arms is definitely sleeping with each other just not sleep-sleeping. I am correct. (Wow. How awkward is this.)

No comments: