In Anticipation Of

I am going to IgniteFest today. It is going to be fantastic.

I'm seeing Finding Favor, a little band I've never heard of before. Perhaps I shall fall completely in love with them and boo after their twenty minute time slot is up.

I'm seeing Josh Wilson, I just recently realized that this is the guy who sings that I Refuse song, a song I really liked. I am now way more excited about him than I was before.

I am seeing Stellar Kart, I hope they sing some of their tunes off their Part of Your World EP. That would be pretty swell. Disney songs foreverrr! Also, I wouldn't mind if they played Life is Good, wouldn't mind at all.

I am seeing Building 429, I've seen them once before. I'm afraid I don't know their music (or any of these artists' music) very well at all. I know a couple of songs, but now very well. I hardly know Glory Defined any more. Glory Defined is, like, the very first radio song I liked. Looong time ago.

I am seeing Disciple...I might enjoy their concert. We'll see! I'm not usually into the dark and gloomy bands. The lead singer is in desperate need of a hair cut! ;)

I am seeing Jars of Clay, I know a grand total of two Jars of Clay songs, Flood and Carry Me. I am still interested to see the concert.

I am seeing Rebecca St. James, I saw her a couple of years ago at Lifest. So, questions: is she still going to sing that Wait for Me song now that she is married? Also, does she still co-tour with her brothers or are they on their own now? Or did they fade back into nobodies?

I am seeing Matthew West, somebody I am looking forward to! I saw the last couple songs of a concert he did just a couple weeks ago and I enjoyed that. I'm interested to see the whole thing. Is he going to do his Beiber thing? I've heard a lot of rumors about that.

I am going to see Tenth Avenue North, everyone is always saying how awesome these guys are. I hope they live up to my expectations! I know a couple of their songs thanks to the radio. I hope the ones I know are the ones they play. A concert is always nicer when you can sing along. ;)

And then--dun, dun--I am seeing Switchfoot. Okay, guys, if you are going to grow your hair out, please don't skimp on showers! It makes you look like a homeless dude who cannot afford a shower or a haircut. Not cool! Anyway. Looking forward to their concert, whether they look pretty or not. :P

...And before I leave (in two hours), I must dress, eat breakfast, drop the dog off at the vet, go to the bank, put away the laundry, wash the dishes, and...not forget anything.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jars of clay is pretty good. Loved them haven't heard much before.

Disciple I loved years ago. Their older stuff is loud very loud but very good lyrics. "By God" is pretty cool lyrics for that type of style.

Switchfoot, I loved them a few years ago. Not sure why they look homeless.

Have fun

Thanks,
-Shawn Lynes (google reader is nice eh)

Anonymous said...

meant to say I haven't listened to Jars of Clay for awhile

Kiwi D. Fruit said...

Brace yourself: this is gonna be a long one.
I wish I could have gone, too!

Finding Favour: don't know them at all, other than that they spell their name with a 'u', the British way. I like that way. It's my Favourite way of spelling. ;)

Josh Wilson, I liked "I Refuse" for a while and now I'm not such a big fan of it. When I have favouriter bands who's music doesn't get played, and less favourite singers who's songs are played VERY often, I don't like the oft-played songs as well.

Stellar Kart!!!!!!!! I saw them YEARS ago, they were the first people I ever saw in concert! It was them, then Kutless, then Newsboys. I like Stellar Kart. I want to see them again.

Building 429 was great last year at FreedomFest. They were amusing, too. =)

Disciple...Yeah, I can think of a few of their songs. I used to love "Things Left Unsaid" when it was newer. Haven't heard it in a couple years now.

Jars O' Clay, Like them. =)

Rebecca St. James, she's okay. There was one song about 3-4 years ago that we realllly liked, then they stopped playing it, and I can't remember what it is now. "You Are Loved" maybe?

Matthew West--Like him. I still haven't come to terms with my stupidity in waiting for the ride instead of watching the whole concert. =P

10th Ave N. Nice. They'll be at my 100 Artist Dream Concert.

Switchfoot. Eh, why not? If I pay $40 to go see an assortment of bands, and they're playing, I'll go just to get my money's worth. And looks aren't everything, dearie! ;D

Did you get your list of things done in time? What did you forget? I ALWAYS forget something. Frustrating.

Hence ends the super-long comment. =)
~Kiwi~

Kiwi D. Fruit said...

Yes, it was "You Are Loved." I don't know HOW I remembered this time, since I never can other times, but I did.
http://www.christianfeeds.info/6496/rebecca-st-james-you-are-loved-studio-version.html
~Kiwi~