Wednesday

Yesterday I had my first over-eight-hour day at work in quite some time. I used to work nine-, ten-, twelve-hour days all the time but haven't lately.

Anyways. It was a good day! Some things worth mentioning:
  • I drove seventy-one miles during the course of the day. I managed to rank that many miles in one day by going to an appointment that was actually the week before, going to the office, and then going to two appointments that really did exist.
  • Rolling in the Deep by Adele came on the radio while I was making one of those above trips. I am a fan of that song.
  • All of a sudden my proteges all hated bologna, muenster cheese, wheat bread, and bread crust all at the same time. It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
  • I made them eat their healthy lunch anyway. No French fries until they were done. But we did have French fries on National French Fries Day. Did you celebrate appropriately?
  • I was going to make roast chicken with rice, au gratin, and some sort of vegetable for dinner. However, when I opened the chicken, it smelled so awful that I threw it away. I wasn't surprised by this once I noticed the sell by date was sometime in 2008. (Gross!)
  • I ate a Snickers minibar and a Twix minibar which my kid picked up for me while she was in her counselor's office. I feel like a TV nanny when I whisper "Get one for me!" when I drop them off at her office. (But you know everyone of those TV children adore their TV nanny!)
  • My phone rang/vibrated about a billion times while I was at work. Oy vey!
So. Wednesday was a good day. The end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry you will be back on facebook in no time. It has that effect on people.