Seven Friday Shorts

1. This is my good things about today edition. Today was a pretty grand day, I was in a pretty grand mood all day long. It was/is Friday and I had fresh staycation memories to keep me busy. Seriously, yesterday was awesome and deserves a post all of its own!

2. I made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast using the leftover chips from yesterday's cookie making. They were every bit as good as the ones IHOP serves. I couldn't find the electric mixer when making the batter so I hand mixed it with a whisk. I don't think I shall ever be lazy again! It's hand mixing from now on. The batter turned out perfectly lumpless and awesome. All I want is those pancakes in my mouth right now. Yumm.

3. I had a yummy lunch, too. A roast turkey club sandwich from Arby's. Most days if I am going to go out for food I will get something off McDonald's dollar menu. But today McDonald's sounded really not good to me so I went to Arby's. Hey, I thought, it's Friday. What's an extra $3 if it's in celebration of Friday? This weekend doesn't look like it will be quite as full as last weekend so I should hopefully be able to pick up some food for lunches. (Wait a second, yeah, no, this weekend is full.)

4. I had a fall out with this one fellow I know like two weeks ago. We were all friendly and then, BAM! He completely avoided me and didn't talk to me or anything. It was terribly sad. Every time I saw him I would sigh inside because, a friendship lost is worth sighing over. But then, today, he just randomly said hi and we had a mini-conversation. Yay! Maybe this is the turn around? Maybe we are going to be friends again? I love friends, the more the merrier.

5. I got an observation at work today. I used to never get them ever and then suddenly I get them all the time. It's weird, and nerve racking. They're all really nice though. Every time I get one from somebody new I worry a little because, the one lady who gives them to me? She always lets one of my not-so-great habits slide because she thinks it doesn't hamper me. Another lady doesn't really care as long as I am not making any sort of big procedure error. Today it was somebody new. She watched me and watched me and wrote stuff down and watched some more. And then, she asked me a couple of questions. Followed by, "You're awesome. You're rocking this." Followed by several more compliments. My signature and that was it.
My first ever observation was terrible. Since then, they have all been quite good. And recently? Every one has been really complimentary of my efforts. It's weird.

6. Someone told me that they missed me today. They missed me because I did good things for them, which kind of dampened my pleasure. Still, though, someone misses me. :)

7. My new green shirt. It fills me with a pleasure that only a bright green shirt could bring. It's a soft, cuddly shirt, too. Long live cotton! (I purchased this particular shirt from Goodwill yesterday, during my staycation. Post on that can be expected soon. Goodwill's selection seemed abnormally crappy when I went. My new shirt was really the only nice shirt in the whole store.)

No comments: