"Tears Unnumbered Ye Shall Shed...." -- Tolkien

I do not cry often. I normally cried 2-3 times a year...until I got a driving permit. If anything brings the salty waves, driving does. I am the worst driver ever.

It's very disappointing and discouraging and disheartening and a bunch of other dis- words.

It is a miracle I haven't hit anything worse than the curb. I almost turned into a guy once but he blared his horn as he wooshed by at a billion miles an hour. He was the one doing inappropriate road acts, BTW. I was totally in my rights with the turning. But I do not blame him since I signalled that I was turning the other way.

I do not know why I even consider getting a driver's license because--hello!--I will never, ever pass the test. It'll be like in the movies, the guy gets out of the car, his tie is loose and crooked and he's covered in sweat. He wobbles into the DMV and yells, "I quit!" He turns and slams the door behind him.

This works because I think the DMV place where I will probably be going does not have an automatic door.

It has been hard to do any practicing since I got this job because I am away while most of the errands and appointments happen. I do drive to work and back on most days and to softball about every other week. I got some good practice type stuff last night driving to the ER and then back home again, the return trip was even in the dark.

There's a small little post for you, I have been torn for time lately and blogging seems to be near the end of the pecking order.

1 comment:

Brittany November said...

I wouldn't consider myself a bad driver. In fact, I'm probably more safe than my dad (LOL!) but every time I go in to take a driver's test, I panic and make a stupid mistake. I need my license though because where I live you have to drive if you want a job. Meh. Taking about it makes me feel like a loser. :/