New Blog and My Mental State

You can see that I decided that it was time for a new template/theme. I think I like it but I'm expecting gifs/pictures to be even more scarce now because the post area is so small and I think they look kind of ridiculous against this background.

I also changed my title. "Among the Gently Mad" is the title of a book I ran across once that I thought was kind of neat. I thought it made a really poetic blog title. Now I am using something out of a poem, you can't get much more poetic than this.

I put the poem in the sidebar, in case readers aren't familiar with it. It's Emily Dickinson and it's awesome. That is all.

In other news: not much. Do you know those Forever Alone "comics" that pop up around the internet? Those are me. Except mine say "and happy" at the end of them. I am "forever alone and happy."

It's kind of weird? A couple months ago I was constantly lonely and insecure and must-see-people-I-don't-live-with-or-I-will-die. Now? I'm so whatever about it. Sort of.

The tank of gas in my car? I bought it for $3.06 before Christmas. There's a little less than half left. (I'm trying to make it last as long as I possibly can. $3.23 is so painful! lol)

I don't know, it's weird. On the one hand I feel like I am just lying to myself and, on the other hand, I'm pretty sure this is all honest gut.

Now when I listen to sad songs I feel worried that people will think because I am listening to a sad song that I am actually sad. No, it's just a beautifully melancholic song that thrills the dramatic part of my soul. That's all. Just because the Christmas song I had stuck in my head all Christmas weekend was Presley's Blue Christmas doesn't mean I had a blue Christmas.

Now, to do something with myself. I need to go shopping and find myself a pair of boots. Can't winter be over now? Yuck.

No comments: