On a Roll

Yesterday I gave so many people grief. It's just this thing I do, and I can be pretty good at it, too.

Some day I am going to run into someone who can't handle my sometimes derogatory humor. Then I am going to be in trouble.

Last night I danced at a new club, I made a remark to one of the other dancers about how quietly their club danced. My club and the other one I often visit, we have a sound effect for just about every move. Anyways, he produced a sound effect for the next move and I told him how pleased I was. Awhile later, he cleared his throat and I asked if he was inventing new sound effects. At one point I did something idiotic like I am prone to do and he started laughing at me. "Why are you laughing?" I growled jokingly. "What me? I wasn't laughing, I was trying to produce a sound effect and it just came out like laughter." Sure you were.

Yesterday I got quite chummy with an on-duty police officer. He doesn't like coffee, either. A friend among all these crazies!

I gave the caller much to be amused about last night. I don't know, everything he said I either had a remark for or else I just looked really serious and nodded like it was the most important thing I'd ever heard. We met at the water cooler sometime after one of the tips and had a little conversation. I just love old people.

We did one plus tip last night and I was rocking it like a pro until we did one move and one guy decided it would be fun to run off in the other direction instead of following me like he should. He did that and a couple of other things and just generally got me way confused. "I've got you flustered now, haven't I?" he said. "YES!" I wailed. Harry was his name, I think. When that part of that particular tip was over Harry said, "Are we done?"
"Yes," I said, "Now go away."
"I'm glad I didn't hear that," the caller said. "My wife asked me why I don't wear my hearing aids and I told her that, sometimes, you just don't want to know!"

BUT--At the end of the night one of the guys I'd clashed with told me that he thought I was okay. I got invited back, too! I'm not going to go because it is an awfully long drive and I have to work but, I guess the peeps I bantered with can't have minded my craziness too much. :)

All things considered, a good vacation day 'twas.

No comments: