I Dreamed a Dream

If I was doing this orally instead of typilly I would start by singing a song from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. "I dreamed last night...."

Yes, anyway, last night I dreamed, among other things, that I took my driver's test in India because I couldn't take it anywhere else. (Fortunately everyone in India spoke English.) Anyways, on the day of my test I got into the car with the instructor and before we even got out of the parking lot someone somewhere started shooting and there was something about a bomb--or several bombs. As you can imagine, I never finished the test. Apparently if you don't show up for your test they fail you and if you don't finish your test they fail you. In other words, I was failed.

I was so upset and angry and annoyed!

Also my uncle and aunt lived in India (who knew?) and their house was severely damaged by one of the bombs. This was also very sad and upsetting because 1. They no longer had a home and 2. It had been such a beautiful house.

Why I even consider taking my test? No clue. The knowledge that it is a stupid idea added to my fear doesn't quite equal my desire to
possess a license. Well, lookee here: I just made an equation.

Do you want to know how much pain and misery driving gives me? A lot a lot of the time and a little the rest of the time. Most of the pain and misery comes from parking by the curb, traffic lights, and feeling stupid.

Stupid is a word I use a lot when I think or talk about driving.

Other slightly less hurtful news: I bought three pairs of shoes today, when you're like me you buy sandals in December because who knows when you might find another pair that fits. On an unhappier note, a shirt that I've only worn two or three times has two dime-sized holes in it. They are in an obscure spot no less! I've only had this shirt for, like, two weeks! Boo.

1 comment:

Kate said...

You bought new shoes! Congratulations. :)