Where Has Ettiquette Gone?

I am going dancing this weekend. Happy, fun times. :) I do love to dance, I mean, I'm dreadfully horrible at it but I do enjoy doing it. The moves are a fascinating, complicated art. It's so poetic.

To all the men out there who let the girls either go partnerless or play the guys' part: what is your issue? I was talking to a lady the other day who is going to a dance with her husband and children at the end of the month, she has told her boys that they will dance. If they do not dance with a girl unrelated to them than they will dance with their sisters. Woe to her children who do not dance. ;) Lady, you are awesome.

No girl desires to play the boys part. (I'm sure none of you are eager to play the girls part? ;) ) Remember, in the olden days, when it was very, very, very bad manners to let a partnerless girl go partnerless? The nation will thank you.

That was to all the boys who don't want to dance and now to all those who are too shy to say the simple "Will you be my partner?": You snooze, you lose! Most girls do not bite and you are not likely to be turned down.

Anyways. That was me bemoaning the fact that I will probably not have a partner my height. Or my age. But mostly height. It is easier to dance when your partner is over four feet tall.

Do you think I have enough hair to donate? :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

I agree! May all the Blessings rain down on all the boys who dance with girls. Especially the ones who are to old to blame cooties.