Traffic Tickets and Road Tests

Something rather unpleasant happened to me last week. Last Wednesday my Mom told me that her and Dad were going garage saling--would I like to come so that I could drive?
I said sure.

So, I was driving a long and there is this police car driving behind me so I'm trying to watch what I am doing extra carefully. Well, I come to the second traffic light of the trip. Before I started driving I liked traffic lights fairly well, they were very good and directing traffic. When I am the one driving, however, they make me very nervous. Stop signs are so much better. Now that I've been caught running a red light they make me twice as nervous as before.

I went through the light and Dad, from the backseat, said, "Uh-oh, you just ran that light." And I was like, "I did?" *thinks* Yep, I did. It turned red almost directly before or after I entered the intersection. I didn't barely run it, I really ran it.

I looked in my rearview mirror and I saw the policeman's lights going so I pulled over. He was very nice about it, though. Not. He left me with a very, very nice reminder of my mistake. My pocket book is overjoyed.

Worst day of my entire life. I felt like I received so many "you're so stupid" remarks that day. Next time why don't you give me a paper cut and then pour lemon juice in it? It seriously took me, like, four days to recover any sort of self-worth.

Mom says that I should go to court on the date listed on the ticket and see if I can't get something taken off of the ticket. I feel silly asking for less than I deserve but I also feel that it is worth the $175.30 that I don't exactly have.

Let me tell you that I am not even slightly worried about my road test on the 13th. Well, I was nervous for, like, the twenty-four hours following the above event. I, of course, have a rather backgrounded worried feeling all the time but I don't have the extreme fear I guessed I would. I suppose it will start up the week before the big date.

I am almost sad that I have hope for my passing. It will not be fun when my hopes are slaughtered. People keep telling me that it is very common to fail your first test and I keep thinking, "But I don't want to be common!" I want to be out of the ordinary and pass my first test. :)

1 comment:

Brittany November said...

I've never gotten a ticket, which is lucky because I have no confidence in myself driving and I'm pretty sure if a cop pulled me over it would send me right over the edge. Stop signs usually get me more than lights. Sneaky buggers.


BUT!!!!

I have failed my driver's test a mere FOUR TIMES!!!!

I hate myself so much.

Anyways, I hope I've made you feel less-bad about yourself. :)