Seven Friday Shorts

1. I was in Goodwill on Wednesday and I had an interesting experience.
Suddenly the lady shopping next to me said viciously, "I hate skinny women." I was, like, woah. And then she turned and said, "You can fit into everything!"
All the while her friend was telling someone in a dressing room, "It's not my fault I have small feet."
Woman, people with small feet are lucky because stores actually carry their size.

2. For the last ten days I have been haunting my email box for a "Your item has been shipped!" email. Ten days when they promised only seven. I'm not impressed with the 7-14 day postage time when I payed, like, $5. Some people.
Other consumer news: I am tired of having big feet! Who carries my size?! No one! Not a single, lone soul has pity on someone like me. Woe is I.

3. On Wednesday I got to finally got to make the tomato pie I've been wanting to make! Yay! People keep asking me if it is thick tomato soup in a pie shell. Trust me: it's not.
I used, instead of regular pie crust, some mashed potatoes pressed into the pan. Then sliced tomatoes and some onion rings are put in the shell. It's topped with mayonaise and cheese and baked until warm.

I admit, it sounds odd but it's really good. :) I was afraid the mayonaise would be overpowering or the crust too strange. I got all rave reviews. (Therefore, it was really good or else everyone who disliked it was polite.)

We've still got several tomatoes that need to be used. Do I want to attempt making tomato sauce? I made ketchup once but it was a fail.

4. You may have noticed that I haven't been updating my little reading sidebar thing. Reason: I haven't been reading anything and I'm too lazy to change it.

5. This morning I woke up to my sister's alarm. I learned Mom and some of them were going rummage saleing so I got up and asked if I could go and do the driving. Good practice, you know. After driving for five minutes I learned we were going to the capital to shop. Uh oh.
The interstate: not bad--could be worse, I know.
Almost running out of gas on the interstate: I got three years taken off my life.
The beltline: why did I happen to be on it at the same time that the rest of the world was either on it or merging.
Getting honked at: Self-esteem? What's that?

Basically, I drove and read my book at the stops. It was very Fall-like today. Also stopped at the mall on the way home. Bought some nickel free studs. (Because I don't have any studs that don't make my ears itch so my piercings close up often. Not cool. Hopefully this will help and they were only $6.3-something.)

Death to all tailgaters.

6. What do you do when your disappointed but you don't want to tell the person(s) who disappointed because they will be hurt and it will be all your fault. But you don't want to not say anything because then no one will know and you will be disappointed again and again.
It's like the story I once heard about the man and wife who ate meatloaf every week even though both of them hated meatloaf.

I guess one would just trust the overused saying, actions speak louder than words. Hopefully my actions will be quiet, though.

7. I had three cookies and one ice cream sandwhich today. Oh, bliss! :D

1 comment:

Daughter of Eve said...

Haha, your comment about self-esteem... so true. =P

Mine flew out the car window a longgg time ago.