Such is My Life

I haven't been getting much for spam lately! Yay!! It's probably because I haven't been blogging much lately but still, yay.

So, I went to two different Goodwills last week and brought home a good haul of things I needed. I bought a dress that I liked, it's a spaghetti-strap jean about knee-length. I feel like I have stomach when I wear it (I don't want to feel or look like I have stomach) but I'm told that it makes me look like I don't have stomach so it's all good. I also got a really nice dressy skirt in white and brown, a tan corduroy skirt, and a slightly longer skirt in a greenish tan if you know what I mean. I was really pleased with that.
I was disappointed with the size of another really nice dressy skirt I found or else I would have bought it, too, 'cause I really liked it.

The next day I went to another Goodwill and bought a really nice spring skirt. And, I know, spring is two seasons away but it was only $4 and really grand. Besides that I got two or three long sleeved shirts. If you know my closet than you know that my short sleeved shirt collection is, like, three times as big as my long sleeved collection so the addition is good for me.

I love shopping Goodwill. It is so awesomely cheap. :)

On the subject of clothing: I'm going square dancing with some wonderfully wonderful people this weekend and I cannot decide what to wear. I'm thinking, you know, some feel good outfit that just heaps up the confidence and I'm coming up empty. I wondered about my yellow strapless dress, jean jacket, and cowboy boots but this outfit wouldn't flow apropriately when I spin, plus, it is strapless which is somewhat scary. ;) Maybe I can get Heather to take a needle and thread to the dress and fix it up for me. It's an idea.
Come to think of it, I only really have one skirt/dress that would fit the bill and be all awesomely flowy, I think. Or....

On the subject of the square dance: so, there is going to be this potluck thing and I was planning on bringing a dish to pass to it. But everything I thought about bringing requires our broken Bosch. Sad, sad, sad, S.A.D. I really hope the part needed to fix it comes before Saturday.

I was at a booksale last Thursday and I found a grand total of zero books but I spent some time looking at the cookbooks and cookery magazines. When I grow up I am going to marry a baker because I love cake and cookies and pies and dessert. I'm hungry, I really want some ice cream right now--anyone want to go get some? Anyways, I found a few cool recipes which I've added to my to-try list. I add appetizers and side dishes to my to-try list so much oftener than I add main dishes. It's not good of me. Haha.

You may think this is weird of me but I actually have a cookbook. I have this blank book that I divided into sections; main dishes, appetizers/side dishes, breads and desserts, and miscellaneous. It is very useful when I can't remember how to make something I made once and really liked, you know? I started in July and I have eight recipes in it at the moment. I'm not sure what I shall do about the recipes that don't follow a recipe, I have plenty of those that I make when, you know, it's just, well, we have this and this and this and I could do this and this and then use that in place of that and I guess well, this could work because.... Follow? Anyways, I think having my own cookbook is more useful than having other people's cookbooks.

Well, I think my family is taking our supper to a park and eating there and doing cool marshymellow and smorilicious foodstuff.

No comments: