Seven Friday Shorts #17

1. Last night I dreamed that I went camping with a few peeps. I was not happy about this, I am one of those weird people who are happy to never, ever go away. (At least, I think I am. I do feel awkward saying things about myself sometimes because I feel that the people on the receiving end are spitting out their beverage, guffawing, and saying things like, "Oh no, she's not.") I had a particularly good reason for not wanting to attend this trip because apparently I had been miserable with earaches at the last one. Apparently, while you sleep, the mice that live in the cabin/lean-to crawl into your ear(s) and take a nap. Result: earache in the morning. I was quite unhappy about this trip particularly when I heard that this place had a mouse population of 33,471,906. (Number made up for the purpose of exagerating.)
Interestingly enough, one of my camping buddies forgot to bring his glasses on the trip. How you forget your glasses when you are blind without them? No clue. Anyways, he spent the whole camping week buying freakishly ugly clothes at thrift stores because he was too blind to see that they were freakishly ugly.

I seem to loose all my sanity, morality, common sense, etc. when I dream. You may have noticed that I am not a fly-on-the-wall kind of dreamer, I'm always the lead female. ;)

2. Last night I read two books of Les Misérables while sitting in a library waiting for the driver's Ed class to finish. It was terribly awkward because I felt like I was being stared at by the other patrons. Of course, I wasn't except it felt like it because when I sat down some old guy across the way was staring at me and then some other guy sat a lot closer to me than strangers normally do, he wasn't reading because I saw him put his book down out of the corner of my retina. I admit, I did make a pretty good spectacle, a teenager reading a twelve hundred page book is something you don't see everyday. Plus my hair was a mess and we all know that people like to see extremely attractive people. Like me.
I read my two books and left. I am very glad that the library is so close to the driver's Ed building, it makes things nicely simple.

3. On Sunday I went to an honest-to-goodness dance. You know something? That song in My Fair Lady is a big, fat, ugly, sinful, revolting lie. Dancing all night is impossible, the dancer would faint from extreme pain and exhaustion. Seriously now, they would.
Okay, now, to be really serious: other people can dance for nearly five hours straight but not me. I was seriously tuckered out and my feet were revolting against my shoes. (Yes, I know. Shoes you have to grip with your toes and with a slight heel are definitely inappropriate for that kind of behavior.)
But! Despite that, it was a lot of fun! I can now cross going to a dance off my to-do list. If I had "Meet a 60 year old, male Twilight fan" on my list I would cross it off, too.
I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the potluck was! Lots and lots of yummy food! I feel like I usuall exit the line with a meager selection of dishes but this time I spotted several yummy looking dishes. If only I was okay with letting my food intermingle, I could have filled my plate fuller and looked even more like a glutton than I did!
A talent it would do well to possess: (kindly) refusing to dance with people that I do not want to dance with. That would be nice.

4. I had a very odd, strange, and weird experience today. The end.

5. Oh dear, I have a to-read about the size of the National Debt. As I check one thing off of it I add four more things to it. Today I added Hogfather by T. Pratchett to my extensive list. I heard someone mention what a strange picture Death was in a red cape. That got me interested, Wikipedia made it sound hilarious. I will have to see if I can locate a copy. Also, I Capture the Castle. I will have to either pick up the pace on Les Mis or else dust off my spectacular two-books-at-once skills.

6. I went bowling on Wednesday with a bunch of super cool people. 50+ people on six lanes works really, really well. If you were interested in actually bowling, you were in for a dull night.
I had a really great time seeing some people who I love but I hardly ever see. It was such a bummer that I couldn't be more places at once. It would have been really useful that one time when I was playing on three different lanes and all my turns came at the same time. You can imagine that my score wasn't very good.
Okay, so my score isn't very good when I'm not rushing around, either. This is me, making holes in my own excuse.

7. Do you know how much harder the "What will I wear?" decision gets when I are made aware that there will be a prize? A lot harder.
Jean, checks, and cowboy boots is a thought but I do not feel that it would stick out in the crowd. Also, it would probably be too modern for the judges.
Another thought was my orange dress (which never fails to make me feel skinny--lol) and those same boots. The only down to this one as far as I can see is the fact that it probably wouldn't be very warm.
I could borrow my sister's crinoline (which I do not know how to spell) and wear the outfit that my grandparents gave me. This one would certainly stand out (everyone would have to stand aside for me! I would be noticed), it would have several layers so it would be nice and warm, it would be more or less period-like but I would feel awfully awkward taking up so much space when we're already cramped for space.
Hmm...Tough question. Anyways. Super excited to suprise the daylights out of the birthday boy! It is shaping out to be the best surprise birthday party ever.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Your blog makes me happy. Keep up the good work! =D