You No Longer Hypothetical Income!

If any of you were wondering, I did not get the call that I spent all of Friday waiting for. What a rip-off. This call was to tell me whether or not I got the position I applied for. (Goodness, all these fancy words. Who'm I kidding?)

Well, the phone rang this morning and it was this guy's assistant. Well, I got the job. Dun, dun, dun, duuuun.

There is a Spanish guy who lives, like, three minutes from my house who owns a translating business. He is divorced and he and his wife have 50/50 custody of their kids. He was looking to hire somebody to watch his youngest who is not in school yet and run his house while he is not home (clean, do laundry, cook, etc.) I heard about this job in a rather roundabout way and applied for it. And got it. Eeek.

Today is my first day. I am seriously nervous. I have never done anything like this before, I have barely babysat anybody besides my siblings, let alone a disabled/special needs three-year-old.

This guy, Saul, has a very interesting form of blindness. Somehow he manages to see nonexistant talents in people. He's in for some disappointment when he finds out just who he really hired.

Anyway. I should get something to eat and put shoes on. I've gotta go to work!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yahoo! I'm finally an official follower!

I hope your first day of work goes well!