Repeat After Me: Awww! Ain't that the Sweetest!

Confession: I participate in the giving of cards like the Jake that I am. I go to Walmart, pick out a card with a meaningful poem or else a funny cartoon and buy it. I write one or two words in it (think "happy birthday" or "love") and then I sign my name.

This, mind you, isn't any less sentimental than a handmade card with the inside and outside covered with a handwritten, personal message. It just means that the giver is far less creative...and it also probably means that the giver has a harder time expressing his or her feelings.

There was a truer than true card in Walmart today. When I read it a lump came to my throat (it takes a man who knows no fear to wrestle with a goat. Name that musical.)

If I grow up to be a Mom like my Mom, I will have some very lucky kids. But they will probably not be as awesome as I am.

[/endsentimentaldayforthemassesImeanmotherspost]

No comments: