Eight Days More


I am seeing Les Misérables in just a couple of days! Oh, I am thrilled! I cannot be contained. I just hope that I'm not sitting behind someone with lumberjack shoulders and anyone who has the indecency to sing-along is sitting somewhere where I am not. It would be so annoying. I am seeing Les Mis! Pinch me! Is this reality?

Yesterday evening after I got home from work, my sisters and I went to mall in Illinois and frittered away our hard-earned earnings. I went into all the fancy, expensive stores that carried what I wanted but didn’t make my purchases until we went into Payless. Payless is expensive for someone who generally never ventures outside of thrift and secondhand stores but after scanning all the rows and rows of $50 and more shoes it felt really cheap. That’s how it goes, I guess. Payless also had a buy one and get one of equal or lesser value half off, which was really awesome. We made our checkouts as strategically as we knew how. A clutch for $15 paired with a $14 pair of shoes, and a $28 pair of shoes together with a $27 pair of shoes. We split the savings equally. The clutch became $11.50 and the shoes $10.50, the other pairs became $21.25 and $20.25. Annnyways.

I am so excited! Oh, I am excited. And my excitement doesn’t come from the fact that I have a smashing dress and shoes to match. The excitement comes from the fact that Les Mis is awesome, and I love it and I am going to see it. That is why!

I hope that Gavroche is very awesome. I hope that they are all awesome. But I hope that Gavroche is not a blonde choirboy. I’ll be disappointed if he isn’t rough and ragged. And I’ll be disappointed if Enjolras isn’t extremely awesome. Oh and Marius, Marius, please be good, for my sake. And the rest of you lot! Oh, be amazing! Be everything I ever wanted.

That inspector thinks he's something
But it's me who runs this town!
And my theater never closes
And the curtain's never down
Trust Gavroche, have no fear
Don't you worry, auntie dear,
You can always find me here!

No comments: