Seven Friday Shorts

1. First of all, I'd like to thank my littlest protégé for making me hate my life--er, I mean, for making me sick. I seem to be trying out for the Most Colds in One Year award without actually wanting to. However, to look on the brightside, I'm sick and have almost no commitments! When does that happen? (Notice the word almost, I don't want you all to let the bright side of this blind you.)

2. As you can tell from the lack of very fascinating posts post, I haven't been feeling very writerly lately. I've had things to say but no real desire to say them. Or else I was too busy wasting time over my latest guilty pleasure.

3. Of course, this short is not a run down on what my guilty pleasure is because I would experience overwhelming guilt at finding what I find pleasurable to be pleasurable. Awkward, ain't it?

4. Moving to the subject of work, I was told the other day that the Food and Laundry Departments are well under control but the Stuff Organization needs a little help. (And the mopping was mentioned. Is once a week not often enough?) Stuff Organization, to my mind, means dealing with all the stuff. The coffee mugs on ever spare surface filled with doodads and spare change, the children's clothing, the unused or broken appliances. Dealing with all the stuff everywhere! I don't know how I am supposed to get this field under my control. How am I supposed to make decisions on other people's belongings? I could get three boxes marked "Keep," "Get rid of," and "What is this?" and start going through the closets.

5. Dealing with other people's stuff and organization problems multiplies my great desire for my own space by a very large number. I imagine being the Domestic Queen in an almost new house with wood floors, a fab kitchen, plenty of space for entertaining large groups, a nicely manicured lawn, and three bedrooms. (Three bedrooms: a guest room, a master bedroom, and then one for the children because, naturally, I wouldn't want to have all this by myself. Then again, if there were someone else I would have to share the space...oh, dear, I still haven't figured out this sharing concept.) Preferably this house will be sitting next to a street with a good name. Or any name, I do not enjoy living on numbers and letters.

6. One thing great about cleaning cubicles, some people keep jars of sweets on their desks. I think that cleaning in return for a little bit of sweetness is only fair. A mini candy bar here, a peppermint there, you even run into the odd pretzel now and then.

7. My week has been awful. At least, for the most part. I did receive a $25 Shell gift card in the mail, though. I guess bank rewards aren't so pointless after all! :)

No comments: