Brace Yourself, the Emo has Landed

Perfectionism.

I don't fear failure. No. I'm not a procrastinator because I know a project will fail, I'm a procrastinator because I am lazy. I don't fear failure in that it paralyzes me.

Somethings I can give the all-or-nothing attitude. For example, my handwriting is terrible, but do I try and fix it? Of course not, why bother? It's unfixable.

Life has to be lived and tasks have to be seen to. I go to work and I do projects, I make lists. I do all there things and in doing them cause myself stress and depression.

Because the things I do? They fail.

...Or do they fail? Are the things I do actually "good enough" or are they above average? I have to learn to see that perfection isn't necessary. I need to look at my finished work objectively.

Deep down, I know I am awesome or at least good enough. Still, I worry about it. Is my good enough good enough for everyone else?

No comments: