Seven Friday Shorts

1.
K: I saw Valerie yesterday.
D: Oh, really? I miss her.
K: Me, too.
Seeing her, well, pretty much made my night. I was pretty fond of her. She was awesome. Is awesome, it's just that I don't get to witness the awesomeness as much any more. :(

2. Yesterday I got home from work and sat down and watched two episodes of Doctor Who. The last two episodes of the sixth season that aired, what, two months ago. (I don't watch the telly much.)

The last episode of season six ended with, "Silence will fall when the question is asked. The first question! The question that must never be answered! Hidden in plain sight! The question you've been running from all your life! 'Doctor who?' 'Doctor who?' Doctor who!"

Hidden in plain sight....now I feel stupid.

3. Other Doctor Who relatedness, today is 11/11/11, a day in which we celebrate the Eleventh Doctor, the one played by Matt Smith. This short deserves an image:


We love you Eleven! Even if you're not anywhere near as good looking as Ten. You're still awesome! And you have some really great companions, Amy, Rory...and Craig. Mustn't forget Craig. You also fight against one of my favorite villian groups, the Silence. Go you! Yay! And here's to many more episodes, we've got the fields of Irenzalore, the fall of the eleventh, and the question to look forward to!

*Why is he carrying a mop? Is that an episode I missed?

4. I just completed one whole work week without any fast food. Score! $8-10 of groceries got me four lunches and for the fifth lunch I swiped some food out of my parent's fridge.

5. Tomorrow I am going to see Les Miserables and the day after that I am seeing Beauty and the Beast. Highschool plays and community theatre in comparison with touring productions: obviously the big money productions win over, their sets, costumes, orchestra, sound system, actors, and so forth are all amazing. Always. The little shows can generally be watched for under $15 but when you watch them? There are generally atleast two actors or scenes that make the play worth more. Sure male protagonist squeaked through the high notes but the lead female? Was. Freaking. Amazing.

Know what I am saying?

6. I saw the show Anything Goes last Sunday. Before going I knew nothing about the show besides the fact that it took place on a boat and included the two songs Anything Goes and Friendship. I wasn't enormously entertained for the first quarter or so.

But then! My friend who was in the play made his entrance and then had his first biggish scene and later a solo. Oh, laugh out loud! My friend did not have the lead male part (though he was the best singer and actor!) but I think I would have been disappointed if he had a different part. His role was so perfect, he played Evelyn the very rich British dude. It suited him very fine.

So, he was great, the lead girl was great, the part with the Chinese people at the end was highly amusing. In the end, most enjoyable.

Buddy Beware is a new favorite song of mine.

7. Still sick. That is all.

1 comment:

Daughter of Eve said...

"We love you Eleven! Even if you're not anywhere near as good looking as Ten."'

Hahaha. *cough* Amen amen...