Bein' Green

Today I wore my new Little Miss shirt to work. It's purple and says "little miss sunshine" on the front.

I found it both ironic and irritating that I wore it on a day when I did not feel like sunshine. My mood improved as the day wore on and things got busier. It's hard for me to stay upset at work because I don't have time to be upset.

Nearly ten hours later and I'd rereached that point that I am constantly rereaching. Life goes on, it's okay.

By the end of the day, smashing day! ;)

It's not that easy being green
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves
When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow, or gold
Or something much more colorful like that

It's not easy being green
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things
And people tend to pass you over
'Cause you're not standing out
Like flashy sparkles in the water
Or stars in the sky

But green's the color of spring
And green can be cool and friendly-like
And green can be big like a mountain
Or important like a river
Or tall like a tree

When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why
But why wonder why wonder
I am green, and it'll do fine
It's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My siblings like to play this on Pandora. It is funny to read, and when Kermit singings it, but have you ever tried singing along to it!?
I knew it doesn't have rhythm like most poems, but I never thought about or realized that it doesn't rhyme until you posted it!

I'm glad you had a smashing day!